Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dead cat - what to do?

Options
  • 08-11-2008 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone here can give me some advice - there's a dead cat by a billboard across from my apartment. It looks like it was trying to climb the billboard wall and fell off. Who do we contact to remove the cat? The ISPCA? I don't know if anyone around here owns it as it's an area full of apartments. It's awful to see but if the poor thing's left there it will decompose etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Hoping someone here can give me some advice

Arm yourself with a pair of rubber gloves, a plastic bag and a shovel. Place the rubber gloves on your hands, lift deceased cat & place into bag. Then dispose by burying said cat (removing cat from plastic bag prior to burial). Dispose of plastic bag & rubber gloves in bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

If you ring your local council the dog warden should dispose of it, that's how it's done in my area anyways!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sweetoblivion

Trojan - we (this is smackbunny's girlfriend, I wrote the above post forgetting I was logged in as him) live in an apartment block, so there is nowhere to bury it. Your sarcastic attitude isn't exactly helpful although I appreciate the sentiment.

Thanks aoibhebree I'll look into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Trojan - we (this is smackbunny's girlfriend, I wrote the above post forgetting I was logged in as him) live in an apartment block, so there is nowhere to bury it. Your sarcastic attitude isn't exactly helpful although I appreciate the sentiment.

Thanks aoibhebree I'll look into that.

In that case ring your property management company.

Btw, I didn't detect a note of sarcasim in Trojan's post. Disposing of this problem is hardly rocket science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sweetoblivion

it's across the road from my apartment - it has nothing to do with the management company.
    I was just asking for advice, not for people to talk down to me. Thanks for reading anyway.

• Advertisement

it's across the road from my apartment - it has nothing to do with the management company.
    I was just asking for advice, not for people to talk down to me. Thanks for reading anyway.

Jeeze, thin skinned or what!.

No one is talking down to you.

Get onto your county council and inform them, honestly its as simple as that.

I appricate at a dead cat (or any animal) must be distressing for you, but getting your knickers in a twist here because people gave you simple advice is just silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I would ring the local council, because they will then keep a record of the dead cat, so if an owner rings them, looking for a missing cat, at least they will know what happened to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭turtle dubh

Mairt wrote: »
    Jeeze, thin skinned or what!.

No one is talking down to you.

Get onto your county council and inform them, honestly its as simple as that.

I appricate at a dead cat (or any animal) must be distressing for you, but getting your knickers in a twist here because people gave you simple advice is just silly.

I actually think you are been very rude to op. She asked a simple question she did not ask for a lecture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Your sarcastic attitude isn't exactly helpful although I appreciate the sentiment.

Hello smackbunny's girlfriend, no sarcasm in my post, just being a realist & going for the easiest & quickest option, well the 2nd easiest & quickest option, as picking it up & chucking it in the bin would be the easiest & quickest way to dispose of it, but we don't want to do that now do we.

And I cannot see where Mairt is being rude to the OP, his replies have always been helpful & constructive whenever I have seen them.

By the way, did you get it sorted?

I actually think you are been very rude to op. She asked a simple question she did not ask for a lecture

Now thats just being plain silly.

The OP asked the simpliest of questions and was answered with the simpliest and most obvious answers.

Now I'm not getting into a ridiculous discussion over this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I'd leave it there if its stupid enough to fall like that 9 times it deserves it.

I'd leave it there if its stupid enough to fall like that 9 times it deserves it.

Is it wrong to laugh at that in a pets forum?.

I laughed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Mairt wrote: »
    Btw, I didn't detect a note of sarcasim in Trojan's post. Disposing of this problem is hardly rocket science.

I agree, sarcasm would be to suggest Curry. Pragmatism would be to suggest chucking it in the nearest bin.

Trojan's post was quite thoughtful and considerate.

Advertisement