Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is aircoach operate at midnight? (Donnybrook to Dublin Airport)

Options
  • 08-11-2008 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,

I wish to book a flight on ryanair to frankfurt, and the flight will depart at 6.30am. I'm just wondering can I take aircoach from donnybrook to airport in midnight. What time I should arrive to the Donnybrook bus stop. I checked the aircoach website and it say the bus will be operate at midnight also, but i'm just wondering have anyone used it before?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Here you go

http://www.aircoach.ie/

Got it at half 4 in the morning before and it was on time. goes every hour according to the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 123abcd1983

Surley wrote: »
    Here you go

http://www.aircoach.ie/

Got it at half 4 in the morning before and it was on time. goes every hour according to the website

Oh good. Thanks a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

Hi,

I wish to book a flight on ryanair to frankfurt, and the flight will depart at 6.30am. I'm just wondering can I take aircoach from donnybrook to airport in midnight. What time I should arrive to the Donnybrook bus stop. I checked the aircoach website and it say the bus will be operate at midnight also, but i'm just wondering have anyone used it before?

Thanks.

There is no traffic and the trip will take around 40 minutes. You certainly don't need to get it at midnight. I've taken the 04.25hrs (Donnybrook pickup time) to the airport for 6.30 flights.

Just go to bed a bit earlier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

Got the same one myself a couple of times for early flights to Manchester when I was in the area, no problem at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Anyone know how much a cab would cost from the city centre (say O'Connoll St) to the airport? Three of us were planning on getting the aircoach from there for a 6am flight, but I figure a cab split three ways might be as cheap with there being no traffic at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You'd be talking €30 - €35 for a cab depending on baggage and traffic (probably not a big problem at that hour in fairness). TBH, I find the Air Coach to be as handy as anything. Used to be a Hotel Manager, sent most people on that at the wee hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Kharn wrote: »
    You'd be talking €30 - €35 for a cab depending on baggage
    It's illegal to charge extra for luggage and has been for some time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

From O'connell a taxi should cost around €25 to the airport,€4.25 initial and €2 extra's.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

dubtom wrote: »
    and €2 extra's.
    If he/she hailed the taxi on the street or got it at a rank there should be no €2 extra.

EDIT: Sorry dubtom, I thought you were referring to the OP. For vote4pedro it would indeed be €2 extra for 2 extra passengers.

Advertisement