Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SD Card Crazyness

• 08-11-2008 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I got a new car camera recently that takes an SD Card. It has no USB connection so the SD Card is the only way it can communicate with the PC. What it says in the manual is to put the SD Card in and turn it on, and it will format the SD card and I'll hear a beep, then it will be ready to use. It says this should only take 2/3 mins, I've left it much longer and I never get that long beep. There's no user interface or display on the device, it just has one button to record, it doesn't even have an on/off switch, you just plug it in/out to turn on/off.

Strangely, when I put the SD card in the computer, it says that it needs to be formatted, so if I format it and put it back in the device, and then try turn it on again and wait and then put it back in the computer, again it says it needs to be formatted.

I tried it with another SD card, it says in the manual other cards may not work, this one didn't come on at all or show any of the same lights that normally come on.

So I tried another SD card from a friends casio, copied the contents to pc before and then deleted them off the card, put the card in and same as the first one, no beep, but lights indicated it was on, put it back in pc and said it needed to be formatted. Formatted it and put casio files back on and then put it back in casio, it said CARD ERROR:confused: so I formatted it from the camera itself and put it back in the pc and put the files back on it and then the casio was fine with it.

I'm still left with a car camera that I can't get working.

It's supposed to format the card and install software that you use on the computer. I've tried many times and strangely, one time I put it in the pc, it had the software on it, but none of the video files were playable, so I put it back in the camera and then it went through the same crap that I had from the start. So out of maybe 30 times trying, it's always had the same problem except for once...

Any ideas at all?

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

Are you trying to use SDHC cards and does the device support them?

It sounds like the format on the unit isn't working, or its using some weird filesystem.

Care to post a make a model number to see if theres a manual online?

Can you format the card using the supplied software?

Advertisement