Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power Texts

Options
  • 08-11-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi

Is anyone else getting these texts from Paddy Power for "Last Man Standing"

I have never been in a Paddy Power so I have no idea why they have my number etc..

Would I be getting charged for this?

There is a number to "Opt Out"

Do I just text this or will I get another 100 texts?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

When you fill out forms sometimes you get an option to "tick the box" if you don't want further information from the company and another option to "tick the box" if you don't want them to give your information to other companies that might have offers of interest to you. Could this have happened? Did you give your mobile number on any kind of forms recently?

This " tick the box if you DONT" is a sneaky tactic imo, people miss it thinking its tick the box if you DO.

Opt out, they have to comply. You might be able to opt out from the website rather than wasting a text doing it.

Advertisement