Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears of War 2

Options
  • 08-11-2008 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the new gears of war 2?

I love it but does anyone else feel that your opponents have far less AI compared to Gears of War 1? maybe its just me.

O/T
    Been stuck on the lake in Neuxus for ages now have to kill this sea monster but whenever I get inside its mouth I can't seem to kill it no matter how much I shoot! anyone know what to do? its doing my head in!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

Housemate and his cousin played it for a few hours last night.

In their words "amazing, much more like an interactive movie than a shooter. Not all about cover like GOW1"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Thread here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

After Ut3 Epic = T3h Suck

Its a pity since GOW is one I wanted to play before they decided to screw their PC community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Been stuck on the lake in Neuxus for ages now have to kill this sea monster but whenever I get inside its mouth I can't seem to kill it no matter how much I shoot! anyone know what to do? its doing my head in!
    frag grenade in the second mouth part after you shoot the blue tipped tentacles that grab out at you. do that 3 times and hes dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 free games

Helix wrote: »
    frag grenade in the second mouth part after you shoot the blue tipped tentacles that grab out at you. do that 3 times and hes dead

thanks for the tip, was stuck here as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's awesome, simply amazing. Probably the most graphically stunning game seen on this generation of consoles with gameplay to match. The multiplayer is brilliant, although there's a fair few dickheads playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,371 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's awesome, simply amazing. Probably the most graphically stunning game seen on this generation of consoles with gameplay to match. The multiplayer is brilliant, although there's a fair few dickheads playing it.

do you think the graphics are better than fallout 3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Haven't played Fallout 3 yet, so can't say really.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,371 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Haven't played Fallout 3 yet, so can't say really.

play it then decide:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Graphics are a bit nicer than Gears 1, but still far from the best of this generation.
    Tried playing it while drunk just now and it wasn't all that amusing, gears of snore tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

cant understand wy everyones going on about the graphics

theyre basically the same as gears 1 but slightly more vibrant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

tman wrote: »
    gears of snore tbh!

Hillarious!!

I'm pissed too btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pokerkings3

Hey All,

completed Gears 2, great fun, i found it similar to the first...
    but have tried to get online...
    it just cant find anyone...
    i've played plenty of multiplayers through my current router...
    any ideas??

sure if you're playing add me

Gamer tag is Kenko Loftus

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Its Gears of War 1 with a 2 at the end

Played it for 1 hour, and just like its predeccessor, turned it off and went back to the PC.

Sitting on my shelf with Guitar Hero World Tour gathering dust since the day they were both released, same day i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I <3 it.

Bloody brilliant game. Seems much more immersive than Gears1 was, like you're actually part of something bigger.

Horde is cracking fun.

Only made it to level4 last night in splitscreen co-op. :(

Is there anyway to split the screen vertically in splitscreen anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Its Gears of War 1 with a 2 at the end

Played it for 1 hour, and just like its predeccessor, turned it off and went back to the PC.

Sitting on my shelf with Guitar Hero World Tour gathering dust since the day they were both released, same day i think

Yeah, you really see all there is to see of most games after an hour... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Im loving it.... im playing on hardcore and there is WAY too much ammo and as a result hardcore is too easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭kdave

I consider Gears of War along with Call of Duty and Oblivian as the unholy trinity in modern gaming

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,609 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gears Of War and the sequel are what is great about modern gaming, awesome and sweeeeet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Gears Of War and the sequel are what is great about modern gaming, awesome and sweeeeet!

I don't think its possible to get bored of chain-sawing enemies in half.

• Advertisement

I don't think its possible to get bored of chain-sawing enemies in half.

Or constantly pistol whipping them with a Magnum.
    The enemies were useless though. I mean Locusts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Locust aren't so bad.
    Much rather them then Grunts and the Flood.

Advertisement