Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem with New PC (vista) and Internet connection

• 08-11-2008 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a number of problems with my PC and its connection to the internet. on my previous PC i had windows 98(dont laugh!) and connection to the internet albeit dial up was ok. However since i got a new PC with vista on it the connection has been a nightmare. what i am proposing to do is get rid of my dial up and use a broadband USB plug in. here are my issues:

1. The PC has Vista loaded on it - should i remove this and put on windows 2000 or XP?
    2. Do i need to do remove any programs re dial up connection.
    3. My brother has Broadband USB and i have tried it on his laptop in my place and it works fine so i tried to load the disk onto my PC but it wont run any ideas why?

Thanks in advance for any replies/assistance:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

seanie500 wrote: »
    Hi all

I have a number of problems with my PC and its connection to the internet. on my previous PC i had windows 98(dont laugh!) and connection to the internet albeit dial up was ok. However since i got a new PC with vista on it the connection has been a nightmare. what i am proposing to do is get rid of my dial up and use a broadband USB plug in. here are my issues:

1. The PC has Vista loaded on it - should i remove this and put on windows 2000 or XP?
    No
    2. Do i need to do remove any programs re dial up connection.
    Nope
    3. My brother has Broadband USB and i have tried it on his laptop in my place and it works fine so i tried to load the disk onto my PC but it wont run any ideas why?
    What do you mean,broadband usb?Does he have a contract with 3 perhaps?

Thanks in advance for any replies/assistance:)

ta da

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

You don't need to remove vista.

Mobile broadband is better than dial up and not much difference in price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

no the usb broadband was vodafone but for some reason it wouldnt load onto the P.c. i've seen the 3 thread before so know what ya mean there!

will have another go with loading it see if it will work

Advertisement