Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rough guide price for 06 / 07 BMW 320

Options
  • 08-11-2008 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Recently been hearing that there is some decent value to be had at the moment with dealers overstocked with trade ins and repossessed vehicles being auctioned off.

Have a budget of about €25k to €28k and wont have to trade in as I will give my car to the other half.

Is it realistic to think I will find a decent 06 or 07 BMW 320 for this price range either from a dealer or through one of the auctions?

If so I would welcome any suggestions here or by PM.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Why a dealer or an auction if you are not trading in? Why not look privately as well? A quick look on carzone shows that there are some matching cars well within budget, so yes - I would say you would find one easily.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

you'll easily get one for your budget. Don't buy yet, wait until jan or feb when they have dropped further and dealers will be more desperate to clear them. Start keeping a good eye on individual cars on carzone etc and watch out for price drops. In general a lot of dealers still have all their cars 10-20% overpriced at the moment. Bargain hard and and if a dealer isn't moving walk away, they will be dropping the price in a few weeks anyway.

I was looking at similar car 6 months ago, the dealer was as ignorant as feck and wouldn't budge the 5k I wanted. Would only go 1k and said I didn't really understand the 'market'. Same car is still for sale at the dealer, now for 5k less than what I offered, which is now overpriced in the current market..

I'm sure others will be along but if you have no trade in you are crazy not to import from the UK on a 320. You will save an absolute fortune. Easily get an 08 with low tax to boot for your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Sold a 06 318d es for 28K about 2-3 months back, i think it was the cheapest at the time. I'm sure you would be able to squeeze one into your budget. Get nice spec, if there was ever a time that a bit of research and work that would help, now is it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Sold a 06 318d es for 28K about 2-3 months back, i think it was the cheapest at the time. I'm sure you would be able to squeeze one into your budget. Get nice spec, if there was ever a time that a bit of research and work that would help, now is it.

you did well there.

For the OP, the likes of this place do the import work for you, but treat it like a private sale and get it checked out:

black 07 320d Se 35k miles for under 27k:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1116681

copacetic wrote: »
    you did well there.

For the OP, the likes of this place do the import work for you, but treat it like a private sale and get it checked out:

black 07 320d Se 35k miles for under 27k:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1116681

Shows how much they have come down, i hadn't it for sale for 5 days, and i was flooded with phone calls and it sold on the 5 day. I wish i could say that for the rest of the stock lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭sk8board

I was think that the OP's 25-28k for a (just about 3yo) 320 is a lot, too much probably. Are they about 38-40k new these days, maybe 45k new pre July? so surely 20-23 after 3 years in curent conditions should be expected by the buyers, but probably not by the sellers

Actually just came to mind, a friend of mine was up at auctions last Sunday, and his exacts words were "08/07 Bmw's that were retailing at 48 were making 27".

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Why not go to the UK for one since you have no car to trade or sell?

Better value and generally better spec over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If getting a 07 in the UK aim for one with Efficency Dynamics as this will have a lower Co2 rating which means it has a lower VRT band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote: »
    If getting a 07 in the UK aim for one with Efficency Dynamics as this will have a lower Co2 rating which means it has a lower VRT band.

Indeed. And the OP might even consider waiting a few months, stretching the budget a bit and getting an '08 with Efficient Dynamics. VRT only 16% and motor tax only €150 per year.

The low motor tax alone will make it a lot easier to sell on in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭frag4

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/auc/car_details/0,,1260_159980106__,00.html?currentCh=WBAVG92040VJ16076
    This 320d se 2008 just with metillic paint can be vrt'ed for 28k and in irish terms is mind boggling value. Was this car sold in Ireland at 47k in jan...???
    I also think its important to get a 2008 for the 154e road tax . A great selling/buying point for cheapskates like me in the furture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

It depends whether it is a 320d or a 320i really, the latter seem to take a hammering on the used market.

Advertisement