Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foothpaths around house?

Options
  • 08-11-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

how do i measure the amount of concret i need for a four foot wide path to go around the house three inches deep and the distance i need covered in 80 foot ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

length x width x depth = cubic amount. Meassure in metric to make it easier and maybe allow 10% for waste or slight increases in depth etc. :D

Check out http://www.pavingexpert.com/calcall.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 34 hjsimpson

I know its not an answer to your question but i'd go at least 4" with the paths. and the paving expert website is excellent for calculators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

80ft = 24mtrs.
    width = 1m
    depth = 4 inches or 100mm

so 24*1*.1 = 2.4 square metres
    24*0.075 ( 3 inches ) - = 1.8metres

best to go 4 inches for depth. If you are getting it delivered you'll find that 3mtrs is what they'll deliver. So see if there is something else for it. Get it 10mm stone, 20-25 newton. and wettish. You'll also be putting in some expansion joints - A frame is best or else cut it out afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

Go double the size of the footpath in the back of the house; and the side’ that will get the most use’ a wheelie bin doesn’t leave much room to pass’ I made my footpath in the back’ 6ft and on one side of the house 5ft’ and I haven’t regretted it

Advertisement