Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wales vs. South Africa (2.30)

• 08-11-2008 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Anyone predicting a Wales victory? Haven't seen much of South Africa in the past, but can't wait to see a Williams/Habana face off (even though they're on different wings).

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Anyone know the name of music playing right there during start of formalities?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Its a giant ****ing kickathon.

ELVs my ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Ass kickathon too by the looks of it.

Anyone know of a stream for the Ingerland game? Want to see how the PIs do.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

How was that a Wales throw in? The ball stopped in field, Byrne deliberately put his foot in touch, then picked it up and tried a quick throw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭wordcount

I use footydoctor (google it) great for premiership rugby, you may ahve to download sopcast with it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭wordcount

Coudl not see a reason for that penelty my self I think the ref just got it wrong

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

How was that a Wales throw in? The ball stopped in field, Byrne deliberately put his foot in touch, then picked it up and tried a quick throw?

It would have been a Wales throw in if the ball was still rolling. I thought it had stopped though.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    It would have been a Wales throw in if the ball was still rolling. I though it had stopped though.

Cheers, (8 years of rugby on the wing and I didn't know that!:o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Why is Stephen Jones not kicking?

Some hit on Williams by Pietersen. That'll teach your dancing feet!

Telegram:
    VILLIERS. HERE'S THE BALL. FROM HOOK

• Advertisement

Twas an awful interception try to concede.

Must say, Wales are playing well, not sure if there's a win in them, but it's exciting to watch. ^^

it's getting good, wales might steal this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Its nothing if not exciting anyhow - very phyiscal match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Wales were awful 15 individuals and not a team. How many chances did they get where one pass would result in a try only for the player to try go himself. Pure rubbish

Halfpenny and Powell look promising for the future. The amount of overlaps they squandered though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

anyone elses sattelite signal gone with this storm? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Naos wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of music playing right there during start of formalities?

It was the Lord of the Rings version of Lux Aeterna by Clint Mansell (Requiem for a Dream soundtrack) from what I remember - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZCW5x8cmFE

Good game, thought Wales might've just done it at the end, very physical all round. Too many mistakes from both sides though.

Wales lost that game, South Africa didn't win it.

They could and should have beaten a disorganised disinterested Sith Ifrican side.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DBraithwaite

Wales lost that game, South Africa didn't win it.

They could and should have beaten a disorganised disinterested Sith Ifrican side.

couldnt agree more. South Africa are meant to be world champions, not on that performance.
    Wales had a bad first half, lets be honest, but they fought back in the second half through the boot of James Hook.
    if anything, the thing that cost wales was Hooks first touch, the intercept pass, it was a bad mistake made by a quality player.
    This result shows that Wales are getting closer to the elite standards of the All Blacks, Austrailia and the so called world champions South Africa (who were not so elite yesterday)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Sparky14

if anything, the thing that cost wales was Hooks first touch, the intercept pass, it was a bad mistake made by a quality player.
    This result shows that Wales are getting closer to the elite standards of the All Blacks, Austrailia and the so called world champions South Africa (who were not so elite yesterday)

There something about the way Wales play that always makes me criticize the opposition rather than praise Wales. Maybe its cos I reckon a good defence should be able to deal with a team that seem to run the at every opportunity ball. The thing is Wales play such high risk game there is almost always going to be mistakes, South Africa were hardly inspiring but sometimes the best approach is to soak up the pressure and capitalize on the mistake. Hook hardly did anything out of the ordinary he just executed the pass poorly and when u play a high risk game that happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement