Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

topsoil...

Options
  • 08-11-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I need about ten lorrys of soil to level quite a big back garden .? any suggestions where i could get this and the cost to be delivered? their building houses near me . and they have quite a but piled high do you think i sould ak the fore man to fill a few lorries for me and drop it up the road .. i could give him maybe 50-100 a truck load? WOULD HE LAUGH ? or whats the going rate for truck loads of stuff ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Topsoil is ~€200 per 20t load

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If they're building near you chances are they have the cut topsoil stacked up because they're going to spread it around the finished houses, so he may be using it.

I'm nearly finished building a house myself, and I asked the builders to leave the topsoil from the initial site cut. Himself nearly died when he saw the size of the heap, but once they'd finished dipping into it again to fill and spreading it around the site, there's only about probably five tonnes left.

Advertisement