Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster Sneaky Sales Policy

Options
  • 08-11-2008 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Has anybody tried to buy one ticket for an event from Ticketmaster? Not sure if this is common practise but the OH tried to buy a ticket online yesterday for off the rails (her friends alredy had theres) and kept telling her that it was sold out, then when she tried to buy two, no problem ! Repeated the trick several times just in case it was a web glitch but no, same outcome. So she rang ticketmaster and she was told that by the first sales agent that this couldnt possibly happen and it was because someone else was trying to buy them at the same time as her which was horsesh1t. So she asked for customer services and the next bird said the same so then she said OK can you sell me the ticket then and she said "sorry its now sold out", just like that, over a 2 min phone call ! So she said to her if I try online now to buy 2 tickets it will say sold out? Cue "ehhhhh". So she laid the gauntlet down and demanded that she be able to buy 1 ticket. Was then put on hold for 5 mins and the girl came back and sold her the one ticket under duress.

So, their policy is they dont want to sell single tickets which is a LOB and their call centre staff are more than happy to lie to customers. Well done. A disgrace. Its one thing having a monopoly on events but to take the pi** like this really is treating customers like sh1t on their shoe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

Have bought single tickets from them before and never had a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Have bought single tickets from them before and never had a problem!
    Ditto. Must be just this event, still though, lob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Same thing happened to me recently too, come to think of it! Tried to buy a single ticket (just to check availability really) and the gig was sold out. Didn't think much of it, but I tried again to buy 3 tickets and it wasn't even close to sold out- it was a seated gig and all the most popular seats were available.

Very dodgy! It was a different event too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sounds like a programming flaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

thats very strange :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

the_syco wrote: »
    Or a smart program. Was the event seated?

I have tried getting tickets before and reselecting seats and strange things did seem to happen. Most tickets are probably sold in pairs, if you have rows like in the olympia it would be in their interest to sell in pairs if the seats allow it. e.g. if they have 6 rows all full except for 2 on each row then they might be better off holding out to sell them all in pairs. I always expected them to have software to calculate trends etc.

the_syco wrote: »

Nope, if you read my OP, the customer services and sales staff pretended it was sold out purely because they didnt want to sell just 1 ticket. Eventually they backed down because there was a bit of a kick off.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I can think of a good few things I've been to or am going to that I have bought a single ticket for and never had a problem.

I can think of a good few things I've been to or am going to that I have bought a single ticket for and never had a problem.
    Except off the rails ;)

Advertisement