Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband/Setanta sports live online offer

Options
  • 08-11-2008 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

I signed up for the eircom friends bundle - eircom talktime friends +up to 7Mb broadband.

As you can see here their exclusive broadband extras say:

FREE Setanta Sports
    Never miss a match with the best action from Setanta Sports. All eircom broadband customers get FREE & exclusive access to Setanta Sports on eircom.net plus a 7-day catch-up service.

So for the first time today I try to watch it and get:
    Always on for Sport video content is only available for customers who have one of the following eircom Broadband packages: Broadband Time, Broadband Home Starter, Broadband Home Plus, Broadband Home professional.

Am I being stupid I shouldn't have I have access?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Could just email them and say that its not letting you access it ?
    dont tell them that you dont think you are eligable... just say that you paid for a service that has this with it and its not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Course I wont tell them I don't think I'm eligible as I think I am!

I'd email them but I don't think it would ever be read.

I'd ring them but they're closed til 9am Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

podge018 wrote: »
    Course I wont tell them I don't think I'm eligible as I think I am!

I'd email them but I don't think it would ever be read.

I'd ring them but they're closed til 9am Monday.

Em, no. Eircom tech support is open seven day a week from 8am until 10pm. The earlier you call the better. I always call at 8 am just to test if they are open :P. One word of warning if you call and your call is not finished by 10 pm they ask you to call back tomorrow as the lines are closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭me1724

it was working fine for me at the start and then when i went to watch a match one day i got the same message... a phone call to them sorted it out tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

alwaysonforsport@eircom.net is the correct address for any problems with the Setanta online. If you call them depending who you get they'll only give you a limited support and check that you are eligible for the package, chances are you were probably put on a business line by mistake..

The e-mails are read and responded too anyway within 24 hours (they're only open for the same length as the business section which closes at 7pm daily).

• Advertisement
Advertisement