Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from the xbox forum

Options
  • 08-11-2008 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

PROBLEM SORTED!

I have a little bit of a problem here ive been banned from the xbox forum and I really feel its for no good reason. On the 24th of last month I was given a warning by GrumPy for talking about downloading xbox games. I took that as a slap on the wrist and off I went, Im sure I didn't talk about downloading games again.. maybe a demo at most.

Heres the original PM
    Dear dazftw,

You have received a warning at boards.ie.

Reason:
    Breach of Forum Charter

Talk of backing up/downloading/playing pirated games will not be tolerated. I don't care if you "intend" on buying it eventually.

Consider this a warning.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57665356
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tman viewpost.gif
    dazftw especially seems to love shouting from the rooftops that he's downloaded X game...

Ah man you should see my e-penis at the moment its massive cool.gif Ive only mentioned it in threads about a specific game that someone else made. Yes maybe I could have said nothing about downloading but it would only beg the question of where/how did you get it?
    Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
    boards.ie
    Then last night I was banned from the forum for my failure to heed to the warning. Now if I understand it correctly, to heed my warning I need to pay attention to it? The warning was not to talk about downloading which as I said im pretty sure I didn't talk about. GrumPy didn't show me any posts in the recent pm's.

Am I missing something here do I need to do something when I get a warning? Here are the most recent pm's
    Originally Posted by GrumPy
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dazftw
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GrumPy
    Hi dazftw,

You have been banned from Xbox for the following duration:

7 Day(s)

for the following reason:

Failure to heed warning.

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 7 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the alloted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

Why are you banning me? Is it because I didn't reply to you on the warning before?

You didn't need to reply, but you did need to take heed of the warning in the first place. Which you ignored. Your ban will be lifted in a week.

What are you talking about? I had to take heed of your warning, so I had to stop talking about downloading games? I did do that!? You have no good reason to ban me. If I talked about downloading again wheres the post?

If someone could either clarify this for me or sort it out would be great, I wouldn't make such a deal of it if I didnt post in the said forum everytime I come on boards.

Thanks muchly.

EDIT: adding this to the post
    dazftw wrote:
    GrumPy wrote:
    dazftw wrote:
    What are you talking about? I had to take heed of your warning, so I had to stop talking about downloading games? I did do that!? You have no good reason to ban me. If I talked about downloading again wheres the post?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57654315&postcount=2

Ah cmon! Your banning me because I said "Hate to sound like a big dirty pirate but im playing this early aswell Its a great game." This was before the other post I got the warning for as well! If this was afterwards fine I didnt heed your warning but it wasn't your just looking for excuses now!

I got the warning and I stopped is that not good enough for you?

This post in the link was before the 24th as I told GrumPy I took the warning and I stopped. The post hes banning me for was before the warning.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Can any other mod than grumpy unban me please? grumpy said he would unban me but this was last week!! I really want to get back into the forum!

Heres the PM
    GrumPy wrote:
    Apologies. Sorry about that. Bad form. But if it was after the original post I pulled you up on, the ban would still stand and I would have stopped entertaining you by now. Be careful (and I will do the same in future.)

GrumPy

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement