Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City is in Co. Kilkenny?

• 08-11-2008 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

If you type 'Waterford Ireland' into google maps you get a map of Waterford City with the address: "Waterford, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland" :eek:

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheeky, have to send a longship and sort them out! Of course some might say part of Waterford City is in Co Kilkenny, but not me :)

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Hahahaha!

Looks like the cats have won more than the all-Ireland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Get me a contact name or address so i can sort them out.

Seems like Kilkenny would go to any length to be a city!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

this thread is going to last long :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Here we go again.......... Excellent.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

She Devil wrote: »
    Get me a contact name or address so i can sort them out.

Seems like Kilkenny would go to any length to be a city!

Lets just do a check , Waterford may have the offical title !! but here we go

Deserted city centre : waterford check , Kilkenny , its very busy so no

Train stations Waterford debatable , Kilkenny 3 some would say !!

Something to actually do in after 5pm in the evening :waterford meh in fairness even ye know im right with this one,kilkenny lots and lots

and last but no least, this year all ireland title wateford errmmm i think you will find noooooo kilkenny am yes , what a day that was :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

I'm sellin hard hats and popcorn...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Christ can we never have a discussion someway relating KK without slagging off the KK folks (the same applies to KK folk with discussion regarding Waterford). Me thinks this threads time wont be long lived with the rate its going...

(Btw, regarding the all Ireland - its a shame you had to vandalise the oldest city in Ireland with "Up The Cats" spray painted all over the place).

Sully wrote: »
    Christ can we never have a discussion someway relating KK without slagging off the KK folks (the same applies to KK folk with discussion regarding Waterford). Me thinks this threads time wont be long lived with the rate its going...

(Btw, regarding the all Ireland - its a shame you had to vandalise the oldest city in Ireland with "Up The Cats" spray painted all over the place).

yeah and its a shame ye had to ruin KK with up waterford boooiii! everywhere as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Kilkenny is a city?

I taught there was only 4 city's dublin cork waterford limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Ha ha only messin lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

emo, you probably work and spend most of your time here.
    and interestingly, anyone i know from kilkenny town doesn't really consider south kilkenny as anything more than a waterford suburb. north waterford they call it, honestly. i get a good laugh out of this in work.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Does nobody listen? No? Guess not.

Shame.

Topic Closed.

longshanks wrote: »
    emo, you probably work and spend most of your time here.
    and interestingly, anyone i know from kilkenny town doesn't really consider south kilkenny as anything more than a waterford suburb. north waterford they call it, honestly. i get a good laugh out of this in work.

Nein!!

Really , have never heard anybody call me that bar waterford people!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement