Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 3 rings of death

Options
  • 08-11-2008 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

I have a xbox 360 which has died

has 3 rings of death

my xbox 360 has a flashed drive

can i just buy another xbox 360 and switch drives ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Kazu wrote: »
    I have a xbox 360 which has died

has 3 rings of death

my xbox 360 has a flashed drive

can i just buy another xbox 360 and switch drives ??

if you buy another xbox 360 to switch drives you would need to get the right xbox 360 with the exact same drive in it (i.e if you had a samsung ms25 you would need and ms25 or if you had an ms 28 you would need an ms 28 and so on)

you can spoof a drive to think its another drive but its not worth it.

also you would need to flash the old xbox 360 drive with the key from the new xbox(which you would need to read from the new dvd drive itself)

the best thing you can do is buy another xbox 360 and get that one flashed.

it would be the easiest way. also the safest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

If you still have the xbox's warranty sticker you could unflash the drive and send it back.

Saying that:
    A mate of mine just sent it back flashed an all and they fixed it.

EDIT: Your looking to put that drive into a new Xbox, You can do ok, but it will need to be reflashed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

iam going to send it back to Microsoft

seen your site

http://r4starterpack.googlepages.com/

getting a R4 next week should come in handy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Kazu wrote: »
    iam going to send it back to Microsoft

seen your site

http://r4starterpack.googlepages.com/

getting a R4 next week should come in handy

hey kazu just taught you should be warned that any xbox 360 sent in for repair regardless about the problem they will replace the dvd drive with a lite-on drive.

has happen to a few people i know and one of them just a had a problem with the power switch and they replaced the dvd drive with the lite-on.

you can always spoof it once you get it back but that requires another drive and is alot of hassel once you do get it back.

hope everything goes okay as i did also hear that a few people get away with it and get it sent back without them putting the lite-on drive in it but normally when the warranty sticker is missing they replace the dvd drive so it cant be flashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

My buddy sent it back a few weeks ago(RROD) and I'm pretty sure he didnt get the Lite-on, I havent got a chance to mod it but it doesnt have the yellow cables anyways

• Advertisement
Advertisement