Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 bundles

• 08-11-2008 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Ok, seeing as my 360 is pretty much on it's last legs, and is not covered by the warranty, I'm looking to buy a new one. Probably an arcade as I have a HDD and everything else.

So, does anyone know where I can get a good bundle deal?? Maybe a free game with it. Preferably Gears 2, but any info on bundles that are going at the moment would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Here are the official bundles available:

Available Now:
    1. Xbox 360 Arcade with Sega Superstars Tennis and Xbox Live Arcade compilation disc - EUR179.00
    2. Xbox 360 Pro with LEGO Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda - EUR239.00
    3. Xbox 360 Elite with LEGO Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda - EUR299.00
    4. Xbox 360 Pro with Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 - EUR269
    5. Xbox 360 Pro with Gears of War 2 - EUR269.00
    6. Xbox 360 Pro with James Bond: Quantum of Solace - EUR269.00

Available November 12th:
    7. Xbox 360 Pro with Tomb Raider: Underworld and 1200 MS points - EUR269.00

Available December 12th:
    8. Xbox Pro with Prince of Persia: The Fallen King - EUR269.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

On it's last legs and out of warranty, you say...?
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=78191&cat=27

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Thanks for that. I presume by official, you been they are boxed with the games?

I was also looking for any bundles that games retailers are doing, if anyone knows any good ones at the moment. For example, if you buy any Xbox console in Xtra-Vision you can get Fifa 09 free........ but I don't want Fifa!!!

Any more help would be greatly appreciated. :pac:

Im changing myself soon Steve and will start looking around this week. I will be going for the Elite as I want to use the 120GB hard drive for installing games. If I see anything around I will post it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Steve if you want i could have a look at fixing it for you no fix no fee

• Advertisement

"My console has the problem that it doesn't read game discs anymore. Keeps giving an error message saying disc unreadable etc. It loads some games (not far cry 2, or PES), and will still play DVDs, but it's gotten alot worse lately. I know it is fixable, and could probably do it myself, but don't have the tools etc. Have read that the lens might be out of focus and it ain't a big job to fix."

I just copied this from the Adverts thread where a member is looking for faulty consoles to buy. How much would you charge to repair it??

Thats exactly whats happening with mine. Sometimes takes 12 or 13 loadings of the disc for it to recognise that its a game. Trading it in soon so Gamestop can fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I could take a look at it and if i fix it 40 euro if not then no charge you would have to drop it out to me as im in the middle of building a new workshop

Im based in swords

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,975 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

"My console has the problem that it doesn't read game discs anymore. Keeps giving an error message saying disc unreadable etc. It loads some games (not far cry 2, or PES), and will still play DVDs, but it's gotten alot worse lately. I know it is fixable, and could probably do it myself, but don't have the tools etc. Have read that the lens might be out of focus and it ain't a big job to fix."

I just copied this from the Adverts thread where a member is looking for faulty consoles to buy. How much would you charge to repair it??

You should try cleaning the laser, might just be the issue, also rather then getting a measely 30-40 euros I would trade it in, bring it to game or gamestop with a game you know is going to work with and get money off a new 360 ;)

You should try cleaning the laser, might just be the issue,

I've tried cleaning it a couple of times, but still no use.

It's just really annoying that it won't work. I'd rather get a brand new one that I know will be in warranty and that works properly.:confused:

• Advertisement

I've tried cleaning it a couple of times, but still no use.

It's just really annoying that it won't work. I'd rather get a brand new one that I know will be in warranty and that works properly.:confused:

Steve, is there any game it works with? Maybe an old title? As I said if it does work with a particular title leave it in the machine and bring it into one of the stores, they'll power it up see it working and give u money off a new console. Although it sounds like the laser is on the way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

hey, im not into games or at least havnt been since my snes days, anyway thinking of getting an xbox 360..came across this bundle..would this be the best deal? i dont think u will get better:

xbox 360 pro (60gb)

kung fu panda
    lego indiana jones
    sega superstars tennis
    pgr 4 car racing game

2nd wireless controller

price 259.99 euro

best deal around?

Ok, where did you see this deal?!?

It seems too good to be true!!

its in the current edition of the gamestop magazine..

i went in to buy it yesterday and the dude thought it was wrong, said it only came with 1 controller(despite the add clearly saying 2), and then tried to fog me off saying he could give me 2nd hand games instead..nedless to say i got enraged at which point he rang the area manager...and the good news is the deal is correct but the bad news is they wont have stock for a week or so(all their branches)

p.s Game are also doing a deal with an extra controller and comes with gears of war 1 and 2, same price as above if i can remember correctly..and in stock

Well, I got a bundle in Game today. They have a deal where if you buy any 360 console, you can get 2 of the following 4 games for €25. PES 2009, Fallout 3, Smackdown 09 and Fable 2.

So I got the console with PES and Fallout, and then Gears 2 (€45)............ and the total cost was €250. A bargain in anyone's book!! I would've prefered to just get Gears 2, but I would've bought the other 2 games eventually. And there is no way I would've got them cheaper than €12.50 each!! And I also got a Live Arcade compilation disc with 5 games.

So I'm a happy guy tonight. Enjoying Far Cry 2 again. Hope this thread can help some other people too.

BTW, my gamertag is stevedpirate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Which HD capacity was it, out of interest?

Which HD capacity was it, out of interest?

Must have been the Arcade if the total cost was 250 euros including GOW and free game

Advertisement