Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No! Welcome 4 War Criminals/State mUrDeRers!

Options
  • 08-11-2008 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

R.I.R MARCH OF SHAME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb00agFsZko

Irish Republicans , are set to join the march and rally in Belfast this weekend in opposition to the British MODs parade for the notorious UDR/RIR regiment of the British Army.

Demonstrators from across Ireland will join in solidarity with the relatives of victims of British State Murder and Collusion at Bank Square, 10.45am this Sunday 2 November. There will be a number of speakers including Mark Thompson of Relatives For Justice and , before marching to Royal Avenue for a dignified and peaceful protest.

The British Army and UDR/RIR have a brutal and bloody legacy in Ireland, which has included internment without trial, torture, shoot to kill, and collusion with unionist death squads. The hundreds of families, who have lost loved ones through collusion and state murder have been ignored and shunned over this coat trailing exercise.

These families still have many unanswered questions regarding the British policy of Collusion in the North of Ireland, and to grant a victory parade to a regiment notorious with collusion and state murder is insensitive in the extreme.

The UDR/RIR and British Army remain as an imperialist army of occupation in Ireland, Iraq and Afghanistan, and are part and parcel of the daily massacres in the Middle East. All right minded people who demand the truth on Collusion and are opposed to their ongoing illegal occupations should turn out to oppose this highly insulting victory parade for war criminals, and state murderers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

R.I.R MARCH OF SHAME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb00agFsZko

collusion and state murder have been ignored and shunned over this coat trailing exercise.

The UDR/RIR and British Army remain as an imperialist army of occupation in Ireland...
    oppose this highly insulting victory parade for war criminals, and state murderers.

etc...

oh why don't you just F...
    ade away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Demonstrators from across Ireland will join in solidarity with the relatives of victims of British State Murder and Collusion at Bank Square, 10.45am this Sunday 2 November.

Normally we Republicans are good with dates.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

OP it is possible for ALL concerned to use collective past suffering to rehash their old hatreds, we can always do this, the Irish against the British, the british against the Irish, the Jews and the germans, blacks and whites, etc etc... take your pick

While as an Irishman, I am well aware of what the Brits did to us, I try to remain cognisant of what we did to them also.....

Pointing the finger of blame isn't much help when it comes to trying to reconcile our differences, and thankfully now, there is a new generation of kids growing up in Northern Ireland who have never known bombs, killing, internment, rioting etc.

and long may that last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

marcsignal wrote: »
    I try to remain cognisant of what we did to them also.....

What, the Irish never did anything wrong to anyone. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

FFS I tought some of my friends were coming over from Israel to suprise me, and this was some of the usual rsf anti semitism bile spewing out of someones hole.
    disapointed ? well yea I am my mates aint coming over till december.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭RSF Cill Dara

OP it is possible for ALL concerned to use collective past suffering to rehash their old hatreds, we can always do this, the Irish against the British, the british against the Irish, the Jews and the germans, blacks and whites, etc etc... take your pick

While as an Irishman, I am well aware of what the Brits did to us, I try to remain cognisant of what we did to them also.....

Pointing the finger of blame isn't much help when it comes to trying to reconcile our differences, and thankfully now, there is a new generation of kids growing up in Northern Ireland who have never known bombs, killing, internment, rioting etc.

and long may that last
    I dont hate anyone based on their nationality , backround , culture etc.

as a famous english man once said , "if it wasnt for the british there would be no IRA" ,

this thread isnt about the british army vs the IRA !
    Do you think we should welcome these "heroes" ?

they were occupying a foreign country and murdering the people who lived there. They deserve to be welcomed with nothing other than hostility.

They are not heroes, they are scum who should be standing in front of a court charged with war crimes.

IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    FFS I tought some of my friends were coming over from Israel to suprise me, and this was some of the usual rsf anti semitism bile spewing out of someones hole.
    disapointed ? well yea I am my mates aint coming over till december.

there is no anti semitism in any of my posts nor do my political party have any anti semitism views!

the Israel army are nothing but scumbags ! that target civilians

Do you think we should welcome these "heroes" ?

well, in the big picture, that's not really one for me to decide
    they were occupying a foreign country and murdering the people who lived there. They deserve to be welcomed with nothing other than hostility.

They are not heroes, they are scum who should be standing in front of a court charged with war crimes.

That could very well be true, but I think dealing with it the 'Simon Wiesenthal' way, if that can be done, would better reflect the proud dignity of the Irish, than causing a riot, don't you agree ?

edit : The way you titled this thread confused me

"No! Welcome 4 War Criminals/State mUrDeRers!"

when you higlighted the U D & R in 'murderers' i thought you were refering to the UDR, and I might be wrong, but didn't this march already happen ? Last Week ??

well, in the big picture, that's not really one for me to decide

That could very well be true, but I think dealing with it the 'Simon Wiesenthal' way, if that can be done, would better reflect the proud dignity of the Irish, than causing a riot, don't you agree ?

well you seem to be defending the march in your previous post?

sorry this was a peaceful protest! i think you should have a look at the video.

well you seem to be defending the march in your previous post?

sorry this was a peaceful protest! i think you should have a look at the video.

dont get me wrong, I protested in dublin against the Iraq war, and I'm still against it, but I got the impression you were protesting about the british army in Ireland.

and for the record, I've always believed 'Orange Marches' were also provocative and triumphalist, but lets take what happened during the 'Love Ulster March' in Dublin. RSF Objected to the march and protested. The march was cancelled, and so RSF had a victory, and then 'some' of their supporters celebrated by destroying Dublin City Centre anyway ?

Where's the Patriotism there ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

there is no anti semitism in any of my posts nor do my political party have any anti semitism views!

the Israel army are nothing but scumbags ! that target civilians
    COME ON do you really want to go there ?

I have so much proof of rsf relatted anti semetic affiliations it makes your organisation lok like nazis from bebo posts to indymedia im more than ready to put links up.
    also your friends hamas and hezbollah dont target civillians :eek: go and jump you short sighted moron they have killed so many innocent people it makes himler seem nice go and really read history not what iran tells you

if you want to go there im ready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ROFL you're a week late, and we had a thread to mark the occasion.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

mike65 wrote: »
    ROFL you're a week late, and we had a thread to mark the occasion.

Mike

Oh dear did he miss the protest then ;)

Bold Chuckie Bold :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement