Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prefetching is not allowed...

Options
  • 08-11-2008 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi,
    every so often I'm getting a message when I browse to www.boards.ie that says "Prefetching is not allowed due to the various privacy issues that arise" or something along those lines anyway.

Just wondering what might be causing this. I've run a check on my pc and it's clean. It clears up after a couple of minutes but I'm just curious why it's happening.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What browser are you using?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Google yields a link to this:

http://blog.casescontact.org/?p=253

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

CuLT wrote: »
    Google yields a link to this:

http://blog.casescontact.org/?p=253

Coolio. I've changed the value as the link recommends. I'll post back if the problem reoccurs.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

ElBarco wrote: »
    Coolio. I've changed the value as the link recommends. I'll post back if the problem reoccurs.

Thanks!

Just to follow up - I made the change suggested and it does seem to have helped. It hasn't gone away entirely but I'm starting to suspect that this may be something funny either on my own network or with my isp (imagine). I've tried it with firefox 3 as well as IE7 on two computers in my house and have had problems with all of them. Firefox gives me the prefeteching is not allowed.... message and IE just says that the website has refused the connection and that logging in is required.

The only reason I'm even suggesting my isp could be part of the problem is that I've run into a couple of weird things before - at one stage I got a message that I'd been ip banned on slashdot. After exchanging emails with imagine and slashdot they (imagine) submitted a request and got the ban cleared. I'm pretty sure it wasn't an issue with any machines on my network but god knows I've been wrong before!

Still, it's hardly the end of the world but I thought the follow up might prove useful to someone!

Advertisement