Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ever hear of traingle tyres?

Options
  • 08-11-2008 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

had a mishap today and destroyed a bridgestone potenza tyre, went around a few places, advance pitstop quoted me 200 yoyos for a new continental 225 45 R 17, i said, id leave it ..they had nothing else..........

went to firststop tyre services, and got a triangle brand tyre of the same size, for 77 euro, incl fitting and balancing....... wasnt half bad price

anyone have any knowledge of what these (triangle) tyres are like?
    never heard of them meself..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You do know that you shouldn't mix tyres on the same axle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

That thread title is very misleading! Here was me thinking we were back in the day before the wheel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

cant see them being ver comfortable!

round ones are best :p:p

google is your friend me thinks :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Anan1 wrote: »
    You do know that you shouldn't mix tyres on the same axle?
    It don't make much of a difference. Certainly not within the speed limits anyway! Not even for NCT as long as tyres are the same size on each axle it's fine. And Triangle are a budget brand, not sure how good they are though.

Paddy001 wrote: »
    It don't make much of a difference. Certainly not within the speed limits anyway!
    Depending on the tyres, it can make a big difference. I wouldn't be happy driving a car with three Potenzas and one budget special.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

It don't make much of a difference. Certainly not within the speed limits anyway! Not even for NCT as long as tyres are the same size on each axle it's fine. And Triangle are a budget brand, not sure how good they are though.

got the triangle one as i was stuck as they had nothing else left...
    it will do until i get new bridgestone potenzas ordered...

whats normal for how many kms for tyres? the rest need changing soon
    at 145 yoyos each for the RE040 bridgestone potenzas that came on the car from new..

the potenzas have great grip!...

Depending on the tyres, it can make a big difference. I wouldn't be happy driving a car with three Potenzas and one budget special.

well i was driving round for a while with a yellow special spare wheel for a while... not nice,,, its like bike wheel compared to the tyres on the car..

ill move the triangle tyre to the back...

It really depends on how you drive, anywhere from 15,000kms to 45,000+kms. Just be careful until you change all the tyres.

what_car wrote: »
    got the triangle one as i was stuck as they had nothing else left...
    it will do until i get new bridgestone potenzas ordered...

whats normal for how many kms for tyres? the rest need changing soon
    at 145 yoyos each for the RE040 bridgestone potenzas that came on the car from new..

the potenzas have great grip!...

Well as with everything you get what you pay for! For a full set, that are roated, easily 30k km's I would think

Well as with everything you get what you pay for! For a full set, that are roated, easily 30k km's I would think

well thats grand so, cause i rekon i have about 2 or 3k km left on the remaining 3! so that would be about 44km out of the tyres

• Advertisement

well i was driving round for a while with a yellow special spare wheel for a while... not nice,,, its like bike wheel compared to the tyres on the car..

ill move the triangle tyre to the back...

Well that's a big difference in size, make, thread pattern, everything! The idea is them wheels scare you, and so you go and get the proper one fixed and then you have a spare wheel all the time instead of when people used to stay driving on the spare!

well thats grand so, cause i rekon i have about 2 or 3k km left on the remaining 3! so that would be about 44km out of the tyres

Ya that's pretty good considering the quality of rubber has gone down in recent years. It is also down to driving style!...

Ya that's pretty good considering the quality of rubber has gone down in recent years. It is also down to driving style!...

and that was a hard 44km of driving.!!

I'd stick with the Potenzas so, sounds like they've been good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I wouldn't be happy driving a car with three Potenzas and one budget special.

Neither would I.

OP, you've spent what, €20,000, €30,000 or even more on a new car and you're trying to save €100 by buying a dodgy tyre? Penny wise, tbh.

unkel wrote: »
    Neither would I.

OP, you've spent what, €20,000, €30,000 or even more on a new car and you're trying to save €100 by buying a dodgy tyre? Penny wise, tbh.

if you read the first post, nothing else was available..... my preference was for exact replacement, ie bridgestone potenzas but i went to 3-4 different places and they had none, they said they usually dont stock these sort of tyres...dunno why...

i wasnt trying to save anything really.......bit pointless spending 200yoyos on a new continental, when i am going to have to replace the tyres soon anyways!

so the triangle was purchased as a gap filler until i replace the rest... new potenzas on order!.

if you read the first post, nothing else was available..... my preference was for exact replacement, ie bridgestone potenzas but i went to 3-4 different places and they had none

I still don't get it. Why drive to different places? A few quick phone calls would probably have been more effective. Potenzas are fairly popular, surely someone would have them in stock or be able to get them for you within a day or two. What was the rush?
    well i was driving round for a while with a yellow special spare wheel for a while

After all you had been driving around on the spacesaver for a bit already. Another day or two wouldn't have made much of a difference, would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,983 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You've mixed brands (and hence patterns, etc) as well as wear level on the same axel. I'd be very worried driving that car in the wet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

what type of car is it? -

unkel wrote: »
    I still don't get it. Why drive to different places? A few quick phone calls would probably have been more effective. What was the rush?

After all you had been driving around on the spacesaver for a bit already. Another day or two wouldn't have made much of a difference, would it?

the space saver tire was used for about an hour in total..
    it may have, you never no when you will get a puncture!

well i certainly wouldnt want to be driving around in a car with no spare tire! dont know bout you , maybe you would....

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »
    You've mixed brands (and hence patterns, etc) as well as wear level on the same axel. I'd be very worried driving that car in the wet...

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,983 ✭✭✭✭L1011

well i certainly wouldnt want to be driving around in a car with no spare tire! dont know bout you , maybe you would....

Never ever drive a BMW Mini then ;) Just foam to seal the tyre and a compressor to reinflate it in these and a fair few other cars these days.

:D:D:D

Like MYOB, I would be quite concerned about your safety. Are you taking any of this seriously at all? :confused:

That said, if you drive a common FWD sh1tbox in start-stop traffic, my worries look ridiculous :)

Advertisement