Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Park Bash Up

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭cochineal

I'll go and put the stripey tape on the pillars myself! I'll even knit the stripey tape at this stage! But I'm not going to post a picture of my van with my phone number on the side of it on this site Steve....I'd really be in the proverbial then.....Oiy, karumba!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Fair enough if your phone number is on the van.

I was more interested in seeing the visibility of the pillar though

Could you remove the phone number - easy enough with paint etc.. and post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

SteveC wrote: »
    Fair enough if your phone number is on the van.

I was more interested in seeing the visibility of the pillar though

Could you remove the phone number - easy enough with paint etc.. and post it?

Why do i have visions of the OP out the front of his house painting over his phone number on the van..........lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

You were driving, in complete control etc. you smacked a bollard...

Take your medicine.

Unfortunately driving a car sometimes involves situations where visibility is less than ideal.

If you can't accept that these kind of sub-optimal situations occur then you have a serious problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

cochineal wrote: »
    I'll go and put the stripey tape on the pillars myself! I'll even knit the stripey tape at this stage! But I'm not going to post a picture of my van with my phone number on the side of it on this site Steve....I'd really be in the proverbial then.....Oiy, karumba!

block it out so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

oleras wrote: »
    Why do i have visions of the OP out the front of his house painting over his phone number on the van..........lol
    :D:D:D

harsh...

but good....:D

What's an OP?

What's an OP?
    Original Poster, whoever started the thread. i.e. you.

It's lust a larf, don't take it too seriously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

What's an OP?

Original or Opening Poster I.e you as you started this thread.

And honestly cochineal I drive both vans and trucks and there are times I have parked in some badly lit areas where you could see fook all my method for this if not sure get out and look at the situation before continuing to drive. Only way to be sure if you have no one with you that you are not going to hit those unexpected bollards. Should the hotel put something on it most likely. Ask them nicely see what they do but in my experience you gots to grow a third eye to these things other wise you will defo come up against more sh1t car parks and spaces. If in doubt jump out.

Sure I know that! I didn't reverse up my own ar~e!

• Advertisement

Thanks Tallaghtoutlaw - i'll remember that one - if in doubt jump out.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Sure I know that! I didn't reverse up my own ar~e!

thank god for that, watch out for mine as well though, it's badly lit down there..
    Thanks Tallaghtoutlaw - i'll remember that one - if in doubt jump out.

It is a good tip, if you can't see where you are going, don't just reverse and hope for the best. who knew?

I'd reverse out of that faster! Damn the damage!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Jeez, are you really blaming a concrete block for your inability to watch where you are going?
    If you couldn't see behind you with the poor light, why did you reverse in?

You could apply the same logic to any situation, its like saying, if I park on a poorly lit street at night, I should have to put yellow strips on my car just so you don't crash into it, while your blissfully away with the fairies again...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Park at your own risk I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

Jesus, does nobody want to take responsibility these days for acting stupid? I know acting stupid sometimes can cause a feeling of embarrassment and in turn, cause people to want to pass the blame anywhere but them selves, but christ, this is ridiculous!

OP - Dont tell people when you do stupid sh1t, just have a little laugh to yourself, and learn not to do it again!

Dr.Dabko will be here all week should any other silly posts arise!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Can the OP please explain exactly what happened? Were you driving into a space or reversing out of a space or even vice versa?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

I could understand if it was a low bollard you crashed into that you could argue was in the wrong or dangerous position! But it wasn't..the pillar holds up the floor above it and when entering a carpark you would expect to see a lot of these placed around and to be cautious if pulling into a space next to a pillar. How could you miss the pillar?! I imagine you just judged it wrong as opposed to missing it completely though right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Can the OP please explain exactly what happened? Were you driving into a space or reversing out of a space or even vice versa?

S.

Who cares!??

How can a post like this drag on over 4 pages?

You're right, in an ideal world the concrete piller would be marked with reflective paint. But we don't live in an ideal world...

Drop the car park owner an email or letter if you feel so strongly about it and mark it up to experience. More than likely nothing will be done but it'd be more productive than coming on her keeping an non-argument going on and on...

You come across as one of those over-competive people who won't let thing lie and has to have the last word - the jokes cracked at your expense are quite funny I'm afraid!

Advertisement