Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livery yards in Wexford

Options
  • 08-11-2008 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I'll be moving to Wexford around March next year and was wondering if anyone could recommend livery yards? The closer to Wexford town, the better, as this is where I will be based. I'd like somewhere where the horses get turned out every day (or at least 6 days per week), with an indoor arena, and ideally a yard that runs shows, has good instructors, etc. A cross-country course would be a plus but the main thing is the turn-out and the indoor arena.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

It might be a bit far away but how about Barnadown?

I'm not sure about their turnout but they'd tick a lot of your boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Cloudy22

Thanks! I saw a show on there on TV once. It did look nice. Are they near Gorey or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Just south of Gorey. Quite near a village called Clough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭AngelicRaindrop

barnadowns a good hours drive away from wexford depending on traffic, your best bets going into one of the saddleries and asking them

There are a couple of riding schools out near Taghmon / Barntown area which may offer livery services.

• Advertisement

There are a couple of riding schools out near Taghmon / Barntown area which may offer livery services.

Edit: Ask in Killeens, they may be able to point you in the right direction. Failing that, some of the riding schools should know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Cloudy22

ok great, thanks! I must go down some time soon and have a look around.

Advertisement