Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College football

• 08-11-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭

I watched college football every Saturday and wonder what goes through soon players minds at times.

WR and RB are the worse for playing for themselves and not the team.

Stretching arms out to get an extra few years or even a TD when they already have the 1st down and all they are risking is getting the ball knocked out of their hands.

Happens so many times they lose the ball. Never learn.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Trampas wrote: »
    I watched college football every Saturday and wonder what goes through soon players minds at times.

They're thinking that if they make the extra yards they'll be on Sportscentre and nfl scouts will see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DaXiS

What the hell do you mean "even a TD"?

I play, and you'd always stretch your arm out to get a TD.
    If you played, you would do the exact same, especially to highlight themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

2006-08-09-clarett2-large.jpg

Gots to get paid imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Trampas

DaXiS wrote: »
    What the hell do you mean "even a TD"?

I play, and you'd always stretch your arm out to get a TD.
    If you played, you would do the exact same, especially to highlight themselves.

I mean the wr is getting tackled and is around 2 or 3 yards short.

He is not down and has a couple of defenders around him so he stretches the arm out hoping to cross the plane of the goal line with little or no control over the ball and comes up short and the defender knocks the ball out of his hand and causes a fumble.

So instead of 1st down and goal there is a turnover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

the pressure on them to stand out is big though and you have to make waves if you wanna get that high draft pick and the big bucks

not saying its perfect mind you, just the way it is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Look at it their way for those who know they stand a chance to make a Million Dollar contract of course they will go to that extra length if it meant getting that contract.

Trampas the stretching of the arm especially near the goal line is natural instinct by these guys, something they are thought from the day they start playing. If it means a TD for sure they will do it. By your example I bet if you gathered up every bit of tape of a WR or RB do stretch the arm out for extra yardage there would be a higher percentage of film showing the extra yard than the turn over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Take it your reference is to the LSU game the other day...is it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That was unbelieveable close to being a touchdown...if there had been a better camera angle I think we would seen the ball breaking the plane!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Always advance the ball before you get a knee down (or whatever) or blown dead. But don't lose possession!

Advertisement