Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking Laragh Log Cabin

Options
  • 08-11-2008 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone

I bought a laragh log cabin from kelly barna in wicklow last year, everything was ok up until about a month ago when i noticed a leak down at one of the corners. I informed kellys and they sent out a chap who put some silicone at the corner but it happened again a couple of weeks ago so i got some silicone and done some more sealing up around the corners outside and between the t and g joints, but i noticed today that it is coming in again. I'm wondering if the gravel that i have around the bottom would it be allowing rain in ( the cabin sits on pressure treated wood up off the ground)
    Any help gratefully accepted

Thanks again

J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

as the timber will retain moisture after being wet it's extremely unlikely the silicone sealant will stick. something more serious will need to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Why not contact the company you bought from and inform them of the problems you are still having?

Advertisement