Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOBR Airsoft training

Options
  • 08-11-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

The Special Rapid Reaction Unit or SOBR is an elite commando unit of the Russian Interior Ministry, involved in anti-terrorism operations.

You now have the opportunity to train with a member of this elite unit at Hrta airsoft just send me a PM for more info.

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Sorry to the mods. i cant post in the adds thread.
    Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I read that as "sober" training at first and thought a couple of peoples nocturnal habits were about to be plastered all over the net. Another time maybe.

I'm in for this anyway. I'll be talking to you during the week about it Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

NakedDex wrote: »
    I read that as "sober" training at first and thought a couple of peoples nocturnal habits were about to be plastered all over the net. Another time maybe.

I'm in for this anyway. I'll be talking to you during the week about it Paul.

yeah same here, definately sounds like a blast!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

abso-feckin-lutely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Most certainly. Sign me up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

So that's what that lad was doing yesterday morning!

Hey paul what is the story?? is it cancelled? i pm'd you but no reply?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

depending on what way im flying count me in

• Advertisement

andy_g wrote: »
    depending on what way im flying count me in

High, I hope:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Airsofty

Dangerious Mission, Beautiful women, little chance of survival - Count me in (Ok so not really that dangerious and no beautiful women) but anyways yeah well on for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Up until Hallowe'en I worked with a guy who was in the Russian Airborne. He told us quite a lot about his training.

Depending on how serious this SOBR chap is taking it, you might be in for a bit of a shock. These folks are hardcore.

Sounds like fun, though. I'll take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ill come for the ride :)

G3-Nut wrote: »
    Hey paul what is the story?? is it cancelled? i pm'd you but no reply?

cheers

Sorry lads for the delay, i'm waiting for word back from an SAS lad to join us as well, 2 trainers are better than one :D

PS, can ppl post when they would like to do this, the class is 10 hours, running 2 hours long over 5 days.

hrta wrote: »
    Sorry lads for the delay, i'm waiting for word back from an SAS lad to join us as well, 2 trainers are better than one :D

PS, can ppl post when they would like to do this, the class is 10 hours, running 2 hours long over 5 days.

WOW sounds great...do you know what the prices will be paul, would be nice to know so i can save, as train journey from here will cost me 20 a day, so thats 100 already!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

hrta wrote: »

Hi Paul,

how is this being run, two hours over five consecutive days? or two hours over five days stretched over a couple of weekends? Or entirely up for negotiation?

Are there any requirements that the trainers would expect? type of kit to bring/not bring, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Can we do team bookings? Like 2 full days of training instead?

Just off the phone with ****, my SAS man is gone AWOL, but my SOBR man is ready to go
    right so, this will be run on saturday's after the days gaming, so the start time be 6.00pm (and dont be late), we can start this saturday or next saturday, please post up your name and if you would like it to be this saturday or next saturday, the frist 2 hours will be free, to see if you would like to do the training and if so you will need to sign up for the next 4 saturdays, this will run as 1 hour in the class room, and 1 hour on the field.
    The fee will be € 10 for 2 hours, the frist 2 hours are free, so that makes it € 40 for 10 hours of training.

And no, you dont have to be gaming before hand to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sign me up

Next Sunday ( in wales this weekend)

• Advertisement

Name: Bora

next weekend also, need time to organise transport, is it alright if two others come with me?

Ah crap. I can only get to two Saturdays on account of work and holidays. Maybe next time.

Let me know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Damn...would only be able to get to a couple....wish I was allowed to get a motorbike....:mad:

Lots of pics please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

:eek: Speechless.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

What are the requirements to go? other than the money, of course.

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    What are the requirements to go? other than the money, of course.

Your self, an AEG, or GBB, and a vest if you have one, pen & paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

When is it starting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭lil dave

id love to go, whens it start :confused:

Training starts saturday the 22/11/08 at 7.00, please dont be late, as we cant wait for late people, so please be on time.

Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i had read that as 7AM there for a minute :eek:

Advertisement