Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop

Options
  • 08-11-2008 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Anybody know if Gamestop in Cavan is any good? I'm sick of the staff in my local game shop so I'm willing to drive there if it's good enough.
    I'm an XBOX360 man. Gamestop Navan is close to me also, but not as close. I shop online too, but nothing beats having a flick through the racks for bargains...:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

All Gamestops (In my experience) suck, the intarwebs is the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I pity the fool without a credit card.

Therefore, I pity myself.
    Daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'd say the staff are sick of you too. Seriously though? What have they done to annoy you?

I worked in Xtra-Vision for quite a while so I know a thing or two about demented/Obsessive customers who expect you to know completely excessive details-I think people need to remember that they are usually minimum wage jobs, the majority of which involve 90% serving, cleaning, admin etc etc.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Anybody know if Gamestop in Cavan is any good? I'm sick of the staff in my local game shop so I'm willing to drive there if it's good enough.
    I'm an XBOX360 man. Gamestop Navan is close to me also, but not as close. I shop online too, but nothing beats having a flick through the racks for bargains...:D

Gamestops in general tends to suck. The Cavan one isn't too bad, but I don't shop there regularly. Apex Games in Cavan is quite good if you're willing to make the journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Never been a fan of the Gamestop here either. Online FTW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Cavan sucks :pac:

Use the internetz.

I was in gamestop the other day and they were selling Little Big Planet with the God of War costume. Thought it looked really cool. They wanted 70euro for the game while GAME wanted 60.

No way were they getting that from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

For games they pretty much suck apart from the very odd second hand game but its a rarity to get a good price for a game there generally. But for second hand dvd's they are fairly decent (boxsets particularly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I pity the fool without a credit card.

Therefore, I pity myself.
    Daily.

www.3V.ie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 BigPapaPado

I was there today & they've knocked down the price of a load of games the staff said all formats were done. Got a few decent bargains. Not a bad spot after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 BigPapaPado

noodler wrote: »
    I'd say the staff are sick of you too. Seriously though? What have they done to annoy you?

I worked in Xtra-Vision for quite a while so I know a thing or two about demented/Obsessive customers who expect you to know completely excessive details-I think people need to remember that they are usually minimum wage jobs, the majority of which involve 90% serving, cleaning, admin etc etc.

Rant over.

I used to work in Xtra-Vision too & know all too well about annoying customers. No, i'm talking about tutting at every request, zero knowledge etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

noodler wrote: »

Yes very true I workd in xtra-vision donghmede for 2 years until recently and while i do agree with that point I have found Game-stop usually employ 16-25 year olds who wouldn't know 360 from a VCR, and thus shopping online is usually better,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Are pc games generally better value instore ?
    Most games I've seen are no more than 40 for a new release ,online seems to be about equal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Never been a fan of the Gamestop here either. Online FTW

Never been a fan of Cavan tbh....

Advertisement