Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not too greedy....

Options
  • 09-11-2008 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I have a simple goal, make maximum 50 bucks a week, just to improve my social life really!
    what is the best site, best method etc to achieve this. Im no poker star, but ive played alot of live games, not so much online, which is why im looking for guidance. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

to make a gtd 50 per week you could start with a BR of $400/$500 and aim to make a few buyins at 10c 20c.

For a bit more variance you could play $10 SnGs with the same BR, or $5 SnGs with a $200 BR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Sngs at $5 or $10 buyins should be easy to make $50 a week for anywone with an okay pre flop game.

Also recommend any site on the ipoker network for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Really the easiest way to do this is with a good rakeback/bonus deal.

6 tabling .25/50 for 5 hours a week with a decent rakeback/bonus deal would be about 50 bucks.

This means even if you play break even poker your still ok and anything else is a bonus.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

.10/.25 cash is your best bet. Keep playing, only withdraw $50 a week, and hopefully within a month or two, you're playing 1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Roonels

opr wrote: »

6 tabling .25/50 for 5 hours a week with a decent rakeback/bonus deal would be about 50 bucks.
    Opr

just wondering if you could explain, the rakeback theory, really innocent!:o have played v little online...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Roonels wrote: »
    just wondering if you could explain, the rakeback theory, really innocent!:o have played v little online...

Quiet simply if you play a $10 sng its $10 + $1 (rake)

So if you play 100 of these a week you pay $100 in rake.

If you sign up for rakeback ( others can explain how to do this better than me ) youu will get approx 30-40% rakeback which works out at $30-40 a week for just playing.

Hence this is how you can be a break even player at the games you play and still be a winner if you can put in the volume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

A good bonus/rakeback deal is essential. Paddy Power is perfect for very small stakes.

Invest in the Rolf Slotboom Omaha book (or pm me your address and I'll send it to you foc).

Even an idiot can win shortstacking PLO (trust me, I'm well placed to know) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

opr wrote: »

This means even if you play break even poker your still ok and anything else is a bonus.

Opr

this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Get $1000 and once a week sit into a 25/50NL game, post from wherever and push all in taking $75 in blinds.

bohsman wrote: »
    Get $1000 and once a week sit into a 25/50NL game, post from wherever and push all in taking $75 in blinds.

Sell your body for $200 (or your mind for $100) and lose no more than half at poker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

How will making 50 bucks a week at online poker improve your social life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

mdwexford wrote: »

6 cans of Dutch Gold = €7 x 7 nights per week in a field = €49 = winnar with a recession busting €1 to left over invest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Buy in to the 50 HE game in the Fitz for €200. Play like a nit for 4 hours. When you make a hand bet it hard - most people in there can't fold.

I'd be very surprised if you didn't make at least €50 this way regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Roonels

mdwexford wrote: »

how will fifty 50 bucks a week NOT improve my social life!:rolleyes: when i say social life, i cleary mean amount of alcohol consumed and therefore increase amount of banter had!;):cool:

no1 likes declining a night out due to lack of funds...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

Just get a paper round.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Or just take a load of the free evening Hearlds that are constanly being handed out in dcu, and sell them on the ballymun road, 42 papers in 5 days - easy to make 50 quid imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Grafter wrote: »
    A good bonus/rakeback deal is essential. Paddy Power is perfect for very small stakes.

Invest in the Rolf Slotboom Omaha book (or pm me your address and I'll send it to you foc).

Even an idiot can win shortstacking PLO (trust me, I'm well placed to know) :D

I'd be interested in taking that off your hands, not nessesarily FOC.
    I'm just far too lazy to hunt it down.

DeadParrot wrote: »
    I'd be interested in taking that off your hands, not nessesarily FOC.
    I'm just far too lazy to hunt it down.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

PM replied to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

pocketdooz wrote: »
    Buy in to the 50 HE game in the Fitz for €200. Play like a nit for 4 hours. When you make a hand bet it hard - most people in there can't fold.

I'd be very surprised if you didn't make at least €50 this way regularly.

but you will age by 20 years in 6 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

This is a silly idea, im surprised it has so many serious responses. First of all your income from poker is never stable, no matter how good you are. If you are just starting out, its likely to be negative.

I've had a fair few pm's asking about the Slotboom book.

I got it from Amazon, which I didn't know before apparently doesn't have a .ie and stings unfairly on the postage.

Anyway, it's http://www.amazon.co.uk/Secrets-Professional-Pot-Limit-Omaha-Online/dp/1904468306/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Advertisement