Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Cheap Tipple?

Options
  • 09-11-2008 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

I have been known to get on the lolly water such as Passion Pop, cans of UDL premixed drinks and odd bottle of $2.99 (EU 1.58) wine from ALDI.

You feel like a cheap skank but it has to be done sometimes ...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,400 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There's a beer in our local supermarket that retails at 55c for a 330ml bottle. Can't remember the name, but it's actually quiet nice!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Thats pretty good. I always wanted to go to Berlin now I have a reason :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Poitin, usually free...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

If anyone is ever lucky enough to find themselves in an esselunga supermarket in Italy, a 700ml bottle of rum papel for 4.89 is the solution to all of life's problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Wine Gums

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I had a few cans of tesco lager the other day. It actually wasnt too bad, when it was ice cold. 8 euro for 8 as far as I recall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ginger ale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Cheap wines like Blossom Hill and Jacob's Creek. Nothing too cheapy about those though. I don't drink beer or cider and I cannot bear the anti-freeze plonk you get in those "carton" things.
    Buckfast is ****ing rank too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I love me some Warsteiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

~I bought 1ltr of Jameson for €38 which I thought was fairly good. Their doing 4 cans of Karpackie for €5 aswell. the name is totally racist but I'm a very understanding person when it comes to drink.

Befire that I was able to get 24 bottles of stella for €15. Best deal in the country.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Buckfast is disgusting. I can still remember the taste of the stuff from my wayward teens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Bavaria :D

Bavaria is cheap and nasty. By the time you get halfway through the can its flat and you get that metallicy taste in your mouth which makes you want to gag.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I don't do cheap tipples. :cool:

A friend of mines missus would only drink Moet & Chandon. She would send him out to the bottle shop to get a bottle of plonk and if he came back with anything but Moet & Chandon she would refuse to drink it and send him back. Of course he is no longer married to her but that is a different story altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

buckfast is not too bad, now devils bit cider is horrible

bought really cheap beer in a supermarket in jyvaskyla finland and it was nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I had a few cans of tesco lager the other day. It actually wasnt too bad, when it was ice cold. 8 euro for 8 as far as I recall.

Tried it, very weak.

My newest cheap tipple is cans of Weissbier from Lidl, euro1.50 per 550ml can. Germania from Dunnes isn't bad and it's only euro1.15 per can. Aldi/Lidl wines and beers are grand aswell except for the table wines. I also drink guinness when feeling 'posh'. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Tuborg, best of cheap beers 8)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Dudess wrote: »

Amen to that.

Dutch Gold, Bavaria or Warsteiner would be my cheap tipples. Warsteiner being the favourite. Dutch is nicer than Harp or Castlemaine, the others in it's price bracket.

Or Biere D'Or if I'm near tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I buy my 6 dutch with a crisp 50 euro note.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Adamcp898 wrote: »

Totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Foster's 6 cans for €8 does the job for me before a night out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

If it's not Dutch, it ain't much.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭duffman90210

Bavaria 6 for €7.50, or dutch. There's some beer you can get in Dunnes I think you get 24 50cl bottles for €9 something. Can't remember the name but a friend of mine gave me one at a party last night, it's not bad at all, I'll certainly be having a look out for it in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Zaph wrote: »
    I don't do cheap tipples. :cool:

Too true.

Life is too short for nasty tipples.

Linden Village (used to be 6% now its 4. something)
    Used to have a couple of pints of this before going out when as a student and i still buy a bottle now and then in tesco's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Martins Pils. Anyone who went to Rock Werchter in Belgium will remember it as the only beer available in the entire town outside of the festival (making it also the best!).

Not only is it 6 for 6E in Tesco and not only are they 500ml each, they come in classy plastic screw-top bottles, perfect for throwing. Also being a festival beer it magically becomes better the warmer it gets.

I miss Rock Werchter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

prazsky every time tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Adamcp898 wrote: »

The Tuborg hangover is nasty though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Slightly off topic but has anyone given into the inevitable return of homebrewing? The kits are about 60 quid I think.

Advertisement