Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripped Money

Options
  • 09-11-2008 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

My young son got his hands on my purse and ripped up a 200 euro note and a 50 euro note
    I have all the pieces but there are too many to stick back together
    Could I bring it to a bank?Would they change it?
    Dont know what to do
    Any advice(Other than putting my purse out of reach:D)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Randi

lfcefc wrote: »
    My young son got his hands on my purse and ripped up a 200 euro note and a 50 euro note
    I have all the pieces but there are too many to stick back together
    Could I bring it to a bank?Would they change it?
    Dont know what to do
    Any advice(Other than putting my purse out of reach:D)

yeah they will once they can make out the serial number, haha a lump of blackcoal in his xmas stocking for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ramjee_kapar

Is it also true you only need to present 3/4 of the note for them to change it...?

*Plots evil scheme to get rich*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭lfcefc

Thanks Randi
    Can I go to any bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Randi

lfcefc wrote: »
    Thanks Randi
    Can I go to any bank?

Yeah any bank will change it. As mentioned above, if the serial number is also ripped try and get that part together so they can issue you a new one, they'll send off the serial number from the old one and have it reissued to themselves. It happens to everyone..........thank god the euro notes are waterproof :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Any bank, but try to do it at your own bank.

• Advertisement
Advertisement