Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Band Ever

Options
  • 09-11-2008 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

This has probably been done before so apologies if it has. I do like to stir the **** now and then.

I would have to say right now (it changes with the weather) for me, it has to be OMG like, Blink 182. They made my.... so ....cry!:pac: They're like advanced tellytubbies. I know everyone has a right to an opinion so I don't hate you if you do like them, this is just my opinion. I did give them a try, my ex adored them but I couldn't sit and listen, I clenched up and felt like exploding when I heard them. Travis Barker is a brilliant drummer though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

The Killers
    Coldplay

etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Nirvana : navel-gazing at its worst

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Def "lets all join in on the chorus" Leopard.
    Brian "love ballad" Adams
    Rhianna "car alarm" ???
    I could go on but I should stop now before I hurt someone :P

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Level 42. They used to make my ears bleed every time I heard them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Nickleback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Both should be blamed on their producer at the time. Lange produced both bands around the same time and as a result they ended up sounding very similar. Leppard's recent stuff actually is pretty decent.

For me, The Killers, Interpol and Katy Perry are the first in the firing line with my sniper rifle. They offer nothing new to my ears and therefore their existance in the music industry is utterly pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

The Manchester scene bands like the charlatans absolute tripe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

U2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Oasis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭thischarmingman

gay dad. awful name, awful band

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Try going on an overnight ferry cruise if you really want to see the worst bands ever. Or to a cheap wedding. Or failing that go to a college bar's back room on a random tuesday night.

No actually Xavi's right it's U2.
    (sorry. Just can't resist.)

gay dad. awful name, awful band

I actually enjoyed To Earth With Love :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

The Killers
    Green Day
    Kings of Leon
    Snow Patrol
    Razorlight
    Blink 182

To name but a few.

It does change of course (on a daily basis). Very difficult to isolate one band right now as there is so much sh*te out there, it is unreal. Have a look at the Irish charts/UK Top 40. Chances are 90%+ are awful. Just my opinion.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    U2

Immediately disgregarded from someone who used "muse" as their pick for best live act :D
    (sorry, couldn't resist!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Immediately disgregarded from someone who used "muse" as their pick for best live act :D
    (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Haha.

Metallica for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

Ok, limiting myself to bands/artists that I actually own or have listened to albums by...and the winner is Paddy Casey. Bland, insipid, emotionless music

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

The problem here seems to lie with the writing talent and Paddy Casey is one of the main culprits. There is a lack of creative writers.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Kold wrote: »
    Metallica for me.
    Say what you will about their later work, but their first 3 albums were brilliant, hardly the worst band in the world.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Say what you will about their later work, but their first 3 albums were brilliant, hardly the worst band in the world.

Can't disagree here. Although i'm not so sure if things would be different even if Cliff had lived. I don't think they ever stood a chance of topping Puppets. They set the bar way too high for themselves and have yet to be able to reach it since.

• Advertisement

I find all of their music god awful.

I find all of their music god awful.

Be that as it may, there are waaaaaay worse bands out there. The Jonas Brothers anyone?

Which reminds me:
    Q: How many Jonas Brothers does it take to paint a Goths bedroom wall red?
    A: One, if you throw him hard enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

St Bill wrote: »
    Nirvana : navel-gazing at its worst
    No way, do you just dislike them for their music or because you hate the Grunge scene in which they led?!? I may contrast your opinion, but seriously... you can't be much more off calling them "the worst band ever"! You have to LISTEN to music to know if a band is good or not, and it's a shame to say, people don't listed to Metal/Hard Rock/Grunge as much as to HEAR it, and that's exactly what you are doing (with Nirvana atleast).
    Rhianna "car alarm" ???
    I could go on but I should stop now before I hurt someone :P
    But.... I like Def Leppard! :) I don't mind Bryan Adams either.

Xavi is also right.
    I agree, they rocked back when they were thrash. But I have lost all respect for them since they sold out with the likes of Loaded/Reloaded... and don't even mention Saint Anger!

But those opinions have resently gone astray with Death Magnetic, which is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Manic Street Preachers.

Their lyrics are pretentious, faux-political drivel, their music is dull and uninventive, and Nicky Wire is the single most detestable figure in music.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

Manic Street Preachers.

Their lyrics are pretentious, faux-political drivel, their music is dull and uninventive, and Nicky Wire is the single most detestable figure in music.

Ok, I'm a Manics fan - not so much as I used to be - so naturally I disagree. I perfectly understand why some people can't stand them though.
    But why the hate for Nicky Wire apart from him occasionally engaging his mouth before his brain?

To be honest if we were looking for the worst band in the world surely we'd all nominate that band that I decided to form in 5th class that didn't actually have anyone that could play an instrument.

I picked Metallica because they're unbelievably over-rated and because I actually think they're a bunch of money focused hacks.

I picked Metallica because they're unbelievably over-rated and because I actually think they're a bunch of money focused hacks.

That rules out 9/10ths of the people in the music industry so!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,779 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nickleback

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Nickleback? Nickleback. Yes, it's Nickleback.

• Advertisement

Nickleback? Nickleback. Yes, it's Nickleback.

People can say it, but for some bizarre reason, they have a major problem spelling it! :/

Advertisement