Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Band Ever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    That rules out 9/10ths of the people in the music industry so!

And I'd say easily 9/10s of the music industry is shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

hopefully all the people replying in this thread are world class musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

Manic Street Preachers.

Their lyrics are pretentious, faux-political drivel, their music is dull and uninventive, and Nicky Wire is the single most detestable figure in music.
    agreed bout nicky wire but have to disagree otherwise. James dean is a legend. if ya ever get a chance to see them - unbelievable live. Bradfields energy with vocals and unreal guitar make a super gig. Dont forget the one legged spin while playing for most of us an impossible solo

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

hopefully all the people replying in this thread are world class musicians.

In fairness, I think everyone here was open minded enough to give these bands a chance by listeneing to their music and from that they formed their opinions, undoubtably the musicians in the bands are talented, they had to be to get so far that people head their music but a food critic doesn't have to be a master chef to critizice someone's cooking.

And I definately agree with the 9/10ths of the top 40 list bein muck thing! Can't say anything there is jumpin out at me. Once I nail this accursed F chord I'll start writin good music and things will change...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Kold wrote: »
    And I'd say easily 9/10s of the music industry is shíte.

Essential difference being that they're all loafing around in their plush houses pissing away what you're working 9-5 for. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

davylee wrote: »
    agreed bout nicky wire but have to disagree otherwise. James dean is a legend. if ya ever get a chance to see them - unbelievable live. Bradfields energy with vocals and unreal guitar make a super gig. Dont forget the one legged spin while playing for most of us an impossible solo

==>Once somebody starts to say 'They're brilliant live' it usually means the band they're talkin about are p1ss. Exactly what are the manics? Anti-capitalists? Neo-philiosophers? Punk rockers? or maybe just sh1te?

I can never make out the singer's lyrics, they're supposed to be 'insightful' or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

At the moment it just has to be Razorlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Nailz wrote: »
    No way, do you just dislike them for their music or because you hate the Grunge scene in which they led?!? I may contrast your opinion, but seriously... you can't be much more off calling them "the worst band ever"! You have to LISTEN to music to know if a band is good or not, and it's a shame to say, people don't listed to Metal/Hard Rock/Grunge as much as to HEAR it, and that's exactly what you are doing (with Nirvana atleast).

Where did I say I never listened to their music? I did listen to their music, against my better judgement, and as a result I ended up disliking them even more because I had wasted my time listening to them.

I really do think they're crap (the title 'worst band ever' is harsh, I agree) they do nothing for me. I love the enjoyment I get from listening to music, but unfortunately I do not get any enjoyment whatsoever from listening to Nirvana.

Dave Grohl now, that's a whole other thread....: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

RHCP. Their music irritates me and it feels like it never end. Argh I'm annoyed even thinking about their songs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

St Bill wrote: »
    Where did I say I never listened to their music? I did listen to their music, against my better judgement, and as a result I ended up disliking them even more because I had wasted my time listening to them.

I really do think they're crap (the title 'worst band ever' is harsh, I agree) they do nothing for me. I love the enjoyment I get from listening to music, but unfortunately I do not get any enjoyment whatsoever from listening to Nirvana.

Dave Grohl now, that's a whole other thread....: )
    That's grand mate, you made your point/ opinion clear, no complaints.
    BrightEyes wrote: »
    RHCP. Their music irritates me and it feels like it never end. Argh I'm annoyed even thinking about their songs
    Oh come on! What do people not understand about "Worst Band Ever"!?! Atleast St Bill came back on the Nirvana one, but now we have the Red hot Chili Peppers... they are a great band (IMO), and in other peoples opinions they may think they are terrible, but I can't believe someone would call them the worst band ever, passing such judgementle jibba-jabba makes no sence to me.

It should be bands like "the The" and stuff like that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

I think the The are the worst band ever :pac:

Are ye happy now Nailz? :p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

My opinion hasn't changed since the last one of these:
    Hard-Fi
    Good Charlotte

Hahaha! Now this man knows what I'm talking about! :)

Sinfonia wrote: »
    My opinion hasn't changed since the last one of these:
    Hard-Fi
    Good Charlotte

Thanks a lot! I had forgotten about those losers until you brought em back up! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

I vote for any of those new bands.
    DenMan wrote: »
    The Killers
    Green Day
    Kings of Leon
    Snow Patrol
    Razorlight
    Blink 182

To name but a few.

It does change of course (on a daily basis). Very difficult to isolate one band right now as there is so much sh*te out there, it is unreal. Have a look at the Irish charts/UK Top 40. Chances are 90%+ are awful. Just my opinion.

Can't understand why you don't like Kings Of Leon. they are a great band. Other's are ****e though.

Can't understand why you don't like Kings Of Leon. they are a great band. Other's are ****e though.

I blame Sex On Fire, it's a horrible song that has tarred them with a horrible brush :(

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

so you dont like a band based on one song, which is probably one of their most popular. are you the kind of person who likes something but when everyone else starts to like it you dont like it anymore?

myabe im way off the mark here, but its just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

The problem here seems to lie with the writing talent and Paddy Casey is one of the main culprits. There is a lack of creative writers.

Nah, his whiny voice and that stupid hairdo are just as annoying as his sh1t songwriting! :D

Bands that really piss me off are those emo/goth hybrid manufactured "rock" bands like Panic at the Disco and Fall Out Boy they're the rock equivalent of Westlife in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Kings of Leon

Shame on you
    Shame Shame Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

The Darkness.

(notice the full stop? ;))

• Advertisement

This is odd, I hate all new wave type stuff which mainly everybody else hates on here but... I really like Kings Of Leon, and I think Sex On Fire is a good song, but hey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I blame Sex On Fire, it's a horrible song that has tarred them with a horrible brush :(

Theres nothing like four kicks or mollys chambers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

battles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

coronas

Helix wrote: »
    battles

Wat? And I was just about to post about how it's perfectly reasonable to dislike Kings of Leon... I guess anything can be discredited.

kings of leon are dreadfully bland, never understood why people rave about them so

battles on the other hand are sickeningly bad

battles on the other hand are sickeningly bad

Reason required here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The Killers.

Brandon Flowers' voice makes me want to disembowel him with a rusty spork.

Kold wrote: »
    Reason required here.

ok, take every single thing about battles, right?

theres your answer

there is absolutely nothing even remotely likable about the inane, mindless brand of turd they pedal as uber cool "oh but its so clever" sounds

• Advertisement

ok, take every single thing about battles, right?

theres your answer

there is absolutely nothing even remotely likable about the inane, mindless brand of turd they pedal as uber cool "oh but its so clever" sounds

I like it and find it quite unpretentious myself.

Advertisement