Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Band Ever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

Boyzone!! Surely I dont need to say another word! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭joulter

u2
    bon jovi
    coldplay
    keane
    snow patrol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

The Streets - If they can even be called a band.
    "dry your eyes mate"... sure, i will as soon as you pull a Cobain and blow your brains out!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    The Streets - If they can even be called a band.

Yeah, I have to agree with that, I never got what all the fuss was about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

sparkzter wrote: »
    Yeah, I have to agree with that, I never got what all the fuss was about them?

The first album was really touching stuff, he really captured a lifestyle in his lyrics. The songs were witty too. The 2nd album wasn't bad either and flowed like a story. The next 2 albums sucked balls though.

Important message too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Helix wrote: »
    there is absolutely nothing even remotely likable about the inane, mindless brand of turd they pedal as uber cool "oh but its so clever" sounds

I presume you feel the same about all jazz music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

The Smiths

And Morrissey the singer has just got progressively worse over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Aerosmith - everything about them is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Close contenders for second are U2, who are maybe not the worst band but Bono's voice just drags them down into mediocrity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Bon Jovi are really sh1t, but I do hate the RHCP . Of the current lot I'd have to go with Snow Patrol - what a bunch of ****s

anti-venom wrote: »
    Aerosmith - everything about them is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Whaaaaat? Have you actually heard any of their older stuff? Or have you only heard stuff from 1992 onwards? Because if it's the latter case, then you may as well hang an innocent person! They were producing some awesome tunes in the mid 70s when Led Zeppelin were trying to experiment with stoner rock! They've also influenced the likes of Guns N Roses, Metallica, Motley Crue to name a few. Surely they can't be wrong as well? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Motley Crue are a rag-bag of cliched, cock rock excess, so I can see how they were influenced by Aerosmith. I have heard Aerosmith at various stages of their career and nothing about them appeals to me at all. Tyler's voice just grates on my nerves like nails on a blackboard. I'm afraid that's about as generous as I can get regarding Aerosmith. Sorry if you're a fan but each to their own, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Not sure they even deserve the title "a band" but....
    Mcfly...
    and for kings of leon haters give Because of the times a listen..every song is brill

Kold wrote: »
    The first album was really touching stuff, he really captured a lifestyle in his lyrics.

What, the sit down on the couch, dole drawing, Dutch gold drinking lifestyle?
    No thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

FX Meister wrote: »
    I presume you feel the same about all jazz music.

1) no

2) battles are not jazz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Kings of Leon, Artic Monkeys, MCR, Razorlight, Jack Panaches band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Metallica are the worst Fact !! I downloaded their latest album and deleted it without listening because I know they keep track of and fret over downloads the big shower of girls blouses that they are - absolute garbage, no one with any sense likes them, all of their fans are middle class mommy's boys who buy metallica because it makes them hard lol garbage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 TheDublinMan

take that
    same difference
    boyzone

:pac:Brutal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thats_life

Sex Pistols. idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Radiohead, complete drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

MooseJam wrote: »
    Metallica are the worst Fact !! I downloaded their latest album and deleted it without listening because I know they keep track of and fret over downloads the big shower of girls blouses that they are - absolute garbage, no one with any sense likes them, all of their fans are middle class mommy's boys who buy metallica because it makes them hard lol garbage
    What the hell are you on about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 modm3

MooseJam wrote: »

Dude Mettalica's new album rocks - a lot like the first few, but Rhianna makes me hard ...:P

Hate always hated the Rolling Stones - even when they were in their heyday back in the 1800's.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I can't imagine anyone who has heasd "Staind" would argue they are not right up there on the steaming heap of **** bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

ShaneU wrote: »
    Radiohead, complete drivel.
    Yes. They like themselves.

And back in time - Emerson, Lake and Palmer - pompous rock.

Social Worker: Vicky, where is your baby?
    Vicky Pollard: Swapped it for a Westlife CD.
    Social Worker: Vicky, how could you do such a thing?
    Vicky Pollard: I know. There's rubbish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzUniIMIuGU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Keane-the definition of bland

Steps - a pop group that achieved a series of charted singles between 1997 and 2001. Steps have sold over 15 million records. :confused:

Lee Latchford-Evans was criticised for the following, allegedly racist, remarks in an interview: "Foreign people and people from ethnic minorities should all go home so that there can be more jobs for proper English people." Steps responded that the quote was taken out of context.

allegedly :pac: out of context :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Space

Oh god remember that duet they did with that bint from Catatonia :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ah now that's a bit harsh. Space had some quality tunes, 'Neighbourhood' in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Kasabian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Has to be Bon Jovi. Soft rock nonsense and you could throw that band Europe in there too. Pure drivel!

Advertisement