Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Band Ever

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

lubie76 wrote: »
    Has to be Bon Jovi. Soft rock nonsense and you could throw that band Europe in there too. Pure drivel!

Ah now, how can you hate Europe?

Granted, I know nothing else by them, but that song alone elevates them to "legend" status! :cool: And everytime I listen to it now, I think of Gob in "Arrested Development" :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

MooseJam wrote: »
    I downloaded their latest album and deleted it without listening because I know they keep track of and fret over downloads
    You have way to much time on your hands...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah now that's a bit harsh. Space had some quality tunes, 'Neighbourhood' in particular.

Oh jesus no! Sorry, what might have been cool in your college years sure as f*ck doesn't pass for good music now. Space are a good example of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

thats_life wrote: »
    Sex Pistols. idiots.

Idiots? And not a word of explanation as to why you think so. A lot of the hype and sensationalism that surrounded the Pistols in their heyday was in itself idiotic to say the least. A lot of people misunderstood what they were really about and couldn't see beyond the media hype and hysteria. Don't confuse the reality of the Pistols with the hype. John Lydon, despite his somewhat eccentric public persona, is a very clever and clued in individual. The Pistols, almost single- handedly, put rock music back on track in the late seventies and millions of fans and thousands of different musicians have acknowledged their influence and contribution to the world of rock. To call them idiots is a bit harsh, don't ya think?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

ac/dc , same deal for 3 decades with one guy attempting to sound like an american drving a car with a clutch ( grinding the gears ) and the other guy attempting to look like a kanagaroo at the front of the stage

horrid ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

some suggestions here are obviously not the WORST bands. scouting for girls?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

some suggestions here are obviously not the WORST bands. scouting for girls?

This thread was never going to actually be about the worst band ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Certainly nobody was worse than the Vengaboys?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Kings of Leon
    Radiohead
    Motley Crue

Any angry emo/I-Hate-My-Parents bands. The whole genre stinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Kings of Leon
    Radiohead
    Motley Crue

Any angry emo/I-Hate-My-Parents bands. The whole genre stinks

more than one genre in that line up

• Advertisement

irish_bob wrote: »

Fail troll is fail tbh. Surprised he didn't throw in Zeppelin, The Beatles and Mozart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

anti-venom wrote: »
    A lot of people misunderstood what they were really about and couldn't see beyond the media hype and hysteria.
    Maybe I've misunderstood too, but it seems to me that what they were really about was fashion and political ideas. Music wasn't at the top of their list as far as I can see, and I've always considered that to be the most important thing.
    moe_sizlak wrote: »
    ac/dc , same deal for 3 decades with one guy attempting to sound like an american drving a car with a clutch ( grinding the gears ) and the other guy attempting to look like a kanagaroo at the front of the stage

horrid ****e
    Fair point, but the reason I love AC/DC is that they are the funniest band that's not actually a spoof, and although the majority of the songs seem to be in the same key with the same chords for the chorus and the rhythm is always 4/4, it's hard to beat it for drunken times!
    Also, I'd recommend you to listen to "Ride On", I think it'll surprise you, a nice slow 6/8 blues with a nice solo, and less of the screeching vocals ;)

irish_bob wrote: »

I was specifically referring to the emo music here. Not the other stuff.

Kold wrote: »
    Fail troll is fail tbh. Surprised he didn't throw in Zeppelin, The Beatles and Mozart.

I'm not trying to annoy people. I just don't like these bands. And if I didn't like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles or Mozart I would have listed them. Not to annoy people mind you.

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Maybe I've misunderstood too, but it seems to me that what they were really about was fashion and political ideas. Music wasn't at the top of their list as far as I can see, and I've always considered that to be the most important thing.

No, the Pistols were a band who first and foremost about their music. I saw them in Hungary in August and they were electrifying - full of energy and tight as hell - like a band who were always playing together. There is a musical chemistry there that few bands manage to achieve.

About the fashion thing: well, it's fair to say they were visually striking in their appearance and the artwork (Jamie Reid's) was very provocative. The fashion statements and artwork were also an integral part of the overall Pistol package and maybe indispensible but never over and above the music in terms of importance. I can see though how the image and antics would distract people's attention away from the music.They reintroduced a newer street level and DIY approcach to rock but unfortunately it quickly became cliched as band-wagon jumpers began to take notice. There was a lot that distinguished the Pistols from the herd but primarily their music is, despite what the detractors say, full-blooded, honest and well played rock music.

Long live The Sex Pistols.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭boidey

transvision vamp and t'pau have to be strong contenders for the title. I would have to nominate westlife and cactus world news for the irish category.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Mcfly and busted etc,

I really don't like Coldplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 manfist

ShaneU wrote: »
    Radiohead, complete drivel.

i cant understand this. people have steped in to defend kings of leon(who im indifernt too, good albums , bad live IMO) and sex pistols (bad LP , good live) and metalica (who have some , terrible albums which even die hard fas acknowladge) but radiohead i dont agree with being on this list, they dont have a bad album, theyv just bein steriotyped , i bet most people who dont like them havnt heard kid a (seeing as there was no singles) or amnesiac or any of the EPs, besides mabey some of the singles,

anyway my dislikes of the moment include the script and guns n roses new album, it needs the ole band mates to be guns n roses n although not a huge fan of them either this just should have been marketed as a solo album.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 manfist

o sorry , i really dispise oasis , theyd top my list of hatred and worst band of all time. well mabey worst is harsh but how many albums of ****e can you put out and still reach number 1? its ridiculas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Helix wrote: »
    1) no

2) battles are not jazz

1. I never said battles were jazz

2. I just presumed you don't know much about music.

3. I presumed right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

During an overnight bus journey in Mexico last month, forced to listen to High School Musical on the tv (dubbed talking but songs in English) mixed with the driving blaring covers (not even the f**King originals) of Dido, Brian Adams and Celine Dion.

Longest ten hours of my life :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

honest and well played rock music.

Long live The Sex Pistols.

Yeah, loved the way sid used to pretend to play the bass on stage while it was actually a recording they played.
    And Johnny Rotten is totally punk with those new ads he's doing for butter.
    They were full of **** from the start, they just don't care who knows now.

FX Meister wrote: »
    Yeah, loved the way sid used to pretend to play the bass on stage while it was actually a recording they played.
    And Johnny Rotten is totally punk with those new ads he's doing for butter.
    They were full of **** from the start, they just don't care who knows now.

I was talking about the original Pistols with Glen Matlock, who is a very capable musician. Sid was, unfortunately, a shambolic and tragic dope fiend and his contribution to the music was practically nil. In fact his addition to the band hastened it's demise but the rot had already set in before his arrival.

Like I said, I seen them live recently and they were fantastic. Even people who were there out of curosity to see them were totally into it for a finish. What they do live can't be faked. They never mimed to a backing track either, not even with Sid on stage.

They made no bones either about wanting to make some dosh out of it. Unlike the majority of other musicians they were upfront and honest about wanting to earn big from their come back tours. They give value for money unlike many who are going through the motions with their retirement fund tours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

FX Meister wrote: »
    2. I just presumed you don't know much about music.

3. I presumed right.

oh lollus maxiumus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

The Pistols, almost single- handedly, put rock music back on track in the late seventies and millions of fans and thousands of different musicians have acknowledged their influence and contribution to the world of rock. To call them idiots is a bit harsh, don't ya think?

I would have thought so too - until I saw Lydon flogging butter on an advert. The Great Rock and Roll Swindle indeed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hey venus

the script the streets hard fi the charlatans later strokes albums moby most r&b/hip hop/rap/dance etc,etc

hey venus wrote: »
    the script the streets hard fi the charlatans later strokes albums moby most r&b/hip hop/rap/dance etc,etc

Rofl.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thread Fail tbh

So many ridiculous suggestions...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I still think I'm right by saying the Vengaboys...

I'm sticking by that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

mars bar wrote: »
    I still think I'm right by saying the Vengaboys...

I'm sticking by that!

+1. Vengaboys ftw!

Advertisement