Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Band Ever

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

To the people slagging Metallica, seriously. I understand not liking them, but seriously, they made Orion, One, Nothing Else Matters... Worst band in the world? No way.

Define band. Either Westlife (if it's anyone) or ACDC (if you mean non fakey band).

ACDC are so over-rated. They got one song. I know people will disagree with me, but I just never heard anything else from them. If I'm in a pub and there's two ACDC songs on in a row, I get bored.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

SDooM wrote: »
    Define band. Either Westlife (if it's anyone) or ACDC (if you mean non fakey band).

ACDC are so over-rated. They got one song. I know people will disagree with me, but I just never heard anything else from them. If I'm in a pub and there's two ACDC songs on in a row, I get bored.

As much as I like AC/DC, its true. I cant sit down to more than 2 of their songs in a row, but spread out in a good playlist, i enjoy moreso.

Back to the topic:

Steriogram. awful album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Hot House Flowers - complete and utter sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

ac/dc are truly awfull but i think everyone including themselves know that they are really a parody of themselves , they represent the idea to people that any bunch of ugly idiots can form a rock band , all you need is to have a trademark scream , dance and the word black in every song or album
    no one takes them serious , thier is more intelectual stimulation to be got from wathcing an eppisode of two of their biggest fans , beavis and butthead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Worst band I ever saw was one called Lines Drawing Circles in Dublin somewhere. They were terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nolanger wrote: »
    Hot House Flowers - complete and utter sh*te.

Are you for real?

Maybe you just don't like them but they certainly are not the worst bad in the ever...

Oh yes they were.
    Old enough to remember when they came out in the late '80s.
    While Britain was tuning into to Acid House we had the Hot House Flowers.
    Everything about them was crap - from that little twerp with the saxaphone to their appearance on the Eurovision.
    Saw the singer on Podge and Rodge recently - he just wimpered at their slagging.
    Bunch of middle-class tossers with zero talent.

Ah trust me, I'd rather have HHF than some Acid House s**t that the British were getting. At least we were getting real music. It is a known fact that Liam O Maonlai is a complete tosser and missing a few screws in his head but he is a brilliant singer and musician. You can't fault that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Coldplay.

And Chris Martin is a vegan.

Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

mars bar wrote: »
    I'd rather have HHF than some Acid House s**t that the British were getting. At least we were getting real music.
    Epic Fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Epic Fail.

Agree, send back to remedial music appreciation.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Kold wrote: »
    Agree, send back to remedial music appreciation.

What's in remedial music appreciation?

Like Billy Joel and Michael Jackson or something?
    Or is it just a drool proof bongo?

What's in remedial music appreciation?

Like Billy Joel and Michael Jackson or something?
    Or is it just a drool proof bongo?

The kids just jump around to the Thrills and the Killers all day afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

can't choose between Led Zeppelin, The Doors, and M-People.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

pierrot wrote: »

I don't want to mislead you or anything but I really think you have to search for the M-Person inside yourself.

pierrot wrote: »

I call shenanigans

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

most people do:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Anyone who puts AC/DC into the worst band ever thread has some serious issues. They only have 1 song? Just because you know nothing about a band, well that justifies slating them?Its one thing to be aware of the entire catalogue and decide you dont like them, its another to not know what your talking about.To put Led Zeppelin and The Doors in the same sentence as M People shows a serious lack of music appreciation.We all have our own tastes and opinions but for some other genius to state "if I hear 2 AC/DC songs in a row I get bored" saddens me.Id love to know who these people regard as the best band in the world, that would surely show how seriously we should take the views. But when Einstein states "all you need is to have a trademark scream , dance and the word black in every song or album", well ive already made up my mind.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

poundhound wrote: »
    Anyone who puts AC/DC into the worst band ever thread has some serious issues. They only have 1 song? Just because you know nothing about a band, well that justifies slating them?Its one thing to be aware of the entire catalogue and decide you dont like them, its another to not know what your talking about.To put Led Zeppelin and The Doors in the same sentence as M People shows a serious lack of music appreciation.We all have our own tastes and opinions but for some other genius to state "if I hear 2 AC/DC songs in a row I get bored" saddens me.Id love to know who these people regard as the best band in the world, that would surely show how seriously we should take the views. But when Einstein states "all you need is to have a trademark scream , dance and the word black in every song or album", well ive already made up my mind.

I have 4 of AC/DCs albums, and I still stand by what I said. As for best bands, thats for another thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

90% of AC/DC songs are practically identical - FACT.

• Advertisement

Yes, and 90% of AC/DC's music is fantastic.Anyway, hope you get your "Jonas Brothers" CD for Christmas.

Yes, and 90% of AC/DC's music is fantastic.Anyway, hope you get your "Jonas Brothers" CD for Christmas.

I dont like the Jonas Brothers. I'm more of a Thin Lizzy/Blur/Radiohead/Weezer/The Hives kind of person. Hope that clears it up a bit :rolleyes:

You student types.

You student types.

I'm not a student :D

Back on topic, the Jonas Brothers has got to be one of the worst acts ever. :p

Kold wrote: »
    The kids just jump around to the Thrills and the Killers all day afaik.

For the record, i don't like the Thrills or the Killers...

mars bar wrote: »
    For the record, i don't like the Thrills or the Killers...

Neither do the kids. They're not meant to want to stay there.

Worst Bands every were 90% of Irish bands in the '80s - all U2 copycat no-hopers.

Nolanger wrote: »
    Worst Bands every were 90% of Irish bands in the '80s - all U2 copycat no-hopers.

Well if you try copying a crappy band, you shouldn't have your sights set high anyway.

Advertisement