Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PvP City Raids

• 09-11-2008 5:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

If you wanna have a hell of a lot of fun in wow you could try out what i experienced tonight :)

Tonight at 1am I Formed a raid from the top 2 guilds on our server (Jaedenar) to kill some alliance bosses, we had SW, Exodar and Darnasus in mind but we had a spy in our raid who told the allys we were gonna raid SW. We had to swap cities so we went Darnasus, while we were halfway through killing the darnasus boss we found out that the allys had 2 x 40 man raids (80 people) attacking silvermoon. They killed the boss there and moved to the UC where they met heavy opposition. When we finished our raid we moved to Exodar, by the time we had the boss on 30% the allys had wiped in UC after a 40 man horde raid attacked them which was rather unfortunate for us because the allys teleported to Exodar and wiped our raid on 20%, luckily the raid who defended UC came to our aid and helped us fight the allys off who retreated only to attack ThunderBluff. After we dispatched the Exodar boss we of course made portals to TB and went and owned them. When people heard of what we were doing a load of people in trade made PuGs to got IF and SW at 5am! And of course the amount of allies who were pissed they couldnt kill UC/TB that were defending those towns was insane! and of course really good fun!

This was by far the most fun i have ever had in wow and i would recommend it so much to anyone who has never experienced it before. And if i was you i would do it quick as the bosses are tuned for level 80's and if you wait till level 80 it wont be near as much fun as it is at level 70 as they will die in 5 mins or so and now it takes about half an hour for a 40 man raid to kill one with the amount of misses (they are level 83 bosses).

GL :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Just killed all horde bosses now :P

Got a new black bear :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭nix

You know what ive noticed with home city bosses, when horde attack say IF they have like 3 guards attacking them at any one time, i never see many of our guards attacking at all, or constantly spawning at inconvenient places..

But when we went to the UC the other night in a 40man raid and when we were at sylvanis, we were constantly getting attacked by about 10 guards. Its alot harder IMO, they just keep spawning on top of you. Our 40 man raid ended up getting owned by about 5 horde, now that is just stupid tbh =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

havnt experienced this on my server

it sounds epic

i remember at level 40 getting over 100 players to assault major cities where we spent hours upon hours tying getting slaughtered over and over haha

Congratz Dustaz for getting it done...to me it sounds the most gruelling and epic task you could complete in wow to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Nix thats exactly what i thought. The UC guard spawn rate is completely over the top compared to some of the alliance bosses.

We had 2 40 raids at each boss the last 2 nights. Horde tried to mount a defence in UC but theres a natural choke point in sylvanas room which made it pretty easy to hold them back for the time required.

Cairne is insane. I think we had close to 10 tanks all taunting constantly and he still decimated both raids every so often. We had at least 4 OOC ressers going during the whole fight (at least 30/40 mins) who never ever stopped ressing.

Best fun ive had in wow in a long time even if im knackered after 2 nights of it (2 raids, 2 sets of taps on each boss!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Just woke up, epic fun last night and we're gona do SW tonight and ill have my bear! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

asking around my server and it seems no one is arsed...they say they have been set to level 80?

Any videos or if? pics would be nice too

Ironforge King
    http://cyeas.eu/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/bearmount1.jpg

Bears
    http://cyeas.eu/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/bearmount2.jpg

and yeah the bosses are tuned for level 80 which makes it all the more epic to do them before WOTLK

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

managed to get the exodar boss on saturday afternoon with a pug but looking forward to trying the rest. loads of fun to be had :) when pyscopat was busy killing leaders i was attempting to defend silvermoon :( that was a disaster on my 2fps....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Psycopat wrote: »
    Ironforge King
    http://cyeas.eu/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/bearmount1.jpg

Bears
    http://cyeas.eu/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/bearmount2.jpg

and yeah the bosses are tuned for level 80 which makes it all the more epic to do them before WOTLK

whats that interface/ display look you have its complty differnt than normal one is taht an add on?

many add-ons but get yourself Bartender4

• Advertisement

cheers will have a look at that

Psycopat wrote: »
    many add-ons but get yourself Bartender4

seen titan panel been mentioned befroe hwo does that compare to bartender4

Advertisement