Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earthing

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

yes email it if you like, maybe i`l be none the wiser myself but ye never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Email sent!
    neutral inversion is when an unearthed star point neutral potential goes up compared to the ground, caused by a phase contacting the ground, so the neutral voltage to ground is 230 and other 2 phases are 400 above ground,

Hmmm, we will have to agree to disagree on that!

when i was in the house that suffered neutral inversion problems due to two house neutrals coming away from mini pillar neutral bar, everything in the house was ruined, new flat tv, washing machine, sky box, house alarm, imagine not being at home when that happened, smoke out of sky box and all,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

OK this is a classic earthing discussion IMO, I've heard many of them in my time and its a hard one to call since the best system often depends on the geographical location of the installation, and some of the decisions made are on the line.

yes its a hard one to call for sure. but its been called in ireland already possibly. They all have their problems

• Advertisement
Advertisement