Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on first build in 3yrs. A lot has changed.

Options
  • 09-11-2008 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

it's been 3yrs since my last build and these were the brands i went with then and never had an issue of any kind.

I wiil more than likley stay with Corsair for my Ram(6400 DDR2 x 4096MB) and a WD for H/D and a 64bit OS but what i have listed below is pretty much what i think will see me through the next 3yrs..?

A Intel Core i7 would be nice but mainboard prices are mental..! that said the MSI K9N2 Diamond is not that far behind.

Ok, if you could give me your thoughts i'd really appreichiate your comments, as i said its been 3yrs so i really am out of the loop when it comes to spec so if you think i should switch to Intel & a 775 mobo or change gfx card or whatever please tell. Price without Ram & H/D is about 850e
    The system won't be clocked and will be used more and more for gaming

Antec Nine Hundred black miditower.

OCZ GameXStream Powersupply ATX/EPS 600W

MSI K9N2 Diamond, nForce 780a SLI, DDR2, Socket-AM2+, X-Fi, ATX, 3xPCI-Ex(2.0)16 (192euro) (OR)

MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum, nForce 750a SLI, Socket-AM2+, ATX, DDR2, 2xPCI-Ex(2.0)16 (127euro)

AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition Quad-Core Boxed 2,6Ghz, Socket AM2+, 4MB Cache

Zalman 9700 CPU cooler

Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0, DVI-I/HDMI/HDCP.

Rgds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

If its just for gaming, then spare your money and forget about fancy mobo's and quad cpu's.They are still a luxury and will be until Core i7 is dirt cheap.

I would get a good P35 mobo for €60 and €80 Core 2 Duo and overclock it past 3.0ghz, its all you need.

This will play everything.

8u7ez0s3ngf2smv01t21_thumb.jpg

http://www.komplett.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Forget bout nvidia chipset mobo's, Amd phenom quads and also that OCZ psu is as noisy as fúck, had one myself before and have since changed to Corsair.

Advertisement