Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bathroom ceiling vent

Options
  • 09-11-2008 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

i have an extract fan in my ensuite it is ducted via flexible ducting (plastic circular) to a vent in the roof.
    i have a problem that there seems to be water making its way back down and dripping onto the floor via tthe extract fan.
    in the house 5 years and this has only started to happen.
    anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

dolittle wrote: »
    i have an extract fan in my ensuite it is ducted via flexible ducting (plastic circular) to a vent in the roof.
    i have a problem that there seems to be water making its way back down and dripping onto the floor via tthe extract fan.
    in the house 5 years and this has only started to happen.
    anyone any ideas?

I assume you have a "top hat" over the outlet on the roof? If that's intact then possibly the flashing around the pipe is coming adrift?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

ART6 wrote: »
    I assume you have a "top hat" over the outlet on the roof? If that's intact then possibly the flashing around the pipe is coming adrift?

+1 check the roof outlet cover.
    could also be condensation (where the hot air being expelled is hitting cold surfaces on exit) and then just water droplets collecting and a trickle coming back into your bathroom.

In the attic, i take it the flexible piping is not insulated?
    I'd address that if its the case. Should'nt cost a lot to sort.:) Might be better to take out the flexible piping and replace with proper ducting and insulate that.
    Hope you get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

grand i`ll check the roof tile(yes it has a capping), there is no water in the attic at all
    the piping is not insulated but i can remedy that easily enough
    thanks

Advertisement