Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for job different to what you've been doing

Options
  • 09-11-2008 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

With the shortage of jobs out there at the moment i am looking to apply for a factory job.

I am still in my current job which is a sales role but there is no money to be made in it anymore. I have been in sales since i started working 12 years ago. My CV is all sales related and has nothing to do with manufacturing or factory work.

How would one go about phrasing a cover letter to these companies and gearing cv towards them without them thinking you are going to up and leave if a better sales role comes along.

I hope i made sense there.

Sorry for going unreg but a lot of people at my work use boards and i don't want them to know i'm looking for a new job.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement