Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn ROvers Vs Chelsea

• 09-11-2008 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Live Kick off at 1:30pm.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I would like to see Cech, Bosingwa, Terry, Alex, Bridge, Kalou, Deco, Lampard, Belletti, Joe Cole, Drogba.
    Cech
    Bosingwa---Terry--Alex---Bridge
    Lampard----Belletti----Deco
    J.Cole
    Kalou
    Drogba

Chelsea 2 - 0 Blackburn

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

really? I am surprised with your lack of faith in Mikel, was it just after one poor game?
    unless he needs a rest perhaps.
    there is talk of mineiro playing there also.

I might prefer if Drogba got brought on late or if needed again, I wouldn't want to see him rushed back, although at the same time a bit of match fitness and form would be great.

When is ballack back?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Ballack should be training properly this coming week, might even make the bench today im not sure, its not a lack of faith in Mikel just give him a rest today.

Drogba is needed back right away and its a perfect match to put him into.

No Drogba, not even on bench
    edit: No Joe Cole either, anyone know why?

Guardian Preamble:
    I've seen post-wedding bashes conclude in bilious rows and bloody knife-fights but today the Guardian's rinky-dink 10 inch TV is putting in a strong claim for the worst reception of all time. Sky Sports 1 is currently just a nauseating haze (resist, obvious joke peddlers), and repeated punches to the screen have mysteriously failed to improve matters.

Still, we probably don't need to see the action to know how this match is going to go: Blackburn haven't won in five games and have scored a mere three home goals this season - and today they're deprived of Roque Santa Cruz and Benni McCarthy, as well as the long-term injured Steven Reid, so they willn't be finding the net (certainly not in the second half, what with Chelsea being the only side in the country not to have conceded a second half league goal). The home side may not get any goals but since Paul Ince has retained the X-rated factor that Mark Hughes instilled, they'll probably cop several yellow cards: an impressive 15 Rovers have already been booked this season and, as if to further their reputation as the league's outlaws, Blackburn have also perpetrated more handballs than any other team in the top flight. All in all, then, Blackburn are the sort of humdrum opponents Chelsea have been tonking this season, prompting oleaginous tributes from pundits before putting in plodsome performances in the really big games (versus Liverpool, almost all their Champions League opponents and even Spurs). They'll still win the league, of course.

Blackburn: Robinson, Simpson, Khizanishvili, Nelsen, Olsson, Grella, Warnock, Villanueva, Andrews, Pedersen, Roberts.
    Subs: Brown, Samba, Kerimoglu, Mokoena, Fowler, Treacy, Derbyshire.

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, Bridge, Lampard, Mikel, Deco, Kalou, Anelka, Malouda.
    Subs: Cudicini, Ivanovic, Di Santo, Sinclair, Ferreira, Mineiro, Belletti.

Referee: Chris Foy (Earth).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

get tvu player its on at least 2 or 3 of the asian chanels showing football ac milan on too and inter
    http://www.tvunetworks.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

just downloaded that, what channel is the game on? How do you find it?

EDIT: found it, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Shocking conditions to be playing football in.

I'm just glad that SWP isn't with Chelsea anymore, the chap could easily have fallen into one of those puddles and drowned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pffffffffft!

Mike

• Advertisement

Anelka, 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

The Hand of Anelka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Play the whistle Robinson you hasbeen useless fool.
    I'm not sure if he'd have got to the ball, but at least make a bloody effort.

The leagues top goalscorer and I think we would all prefer for Drogba to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Play the whistle Robinson you hasbeen useless fool.
    I'm not sure if he'd have got to the ball, but at least make a bloody effort.

Yeah QFT. How can someone just, like, lose it in the space of two seasons? :confused:

askjfhkshsaKHFkfhkfHA Cech with a good save.

The pitch is serving as a huge leveler. Yeah, Chelsea are much the better team - but that don't count for so much when you can't play and pass the ball like you are used to. Rovers could get back into this yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,100 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

roberts with a fantastic chance there, should really have done much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Boots09

anyone got a good stream of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

TVU player have it on

Boots09 wrote: »
    anyone got a good stream of this?

if you have sopcast channel 9 here;
    http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/sun9.11/Blackburn_Chelsea.html
    is perfect

• Advertisement

It's ****ing bollocks that a good clean shoulder charge isn't allowed anymore. Warnock just owned his man fairly and squarely - and the referee still gives a free. It's supposed to be a ****ing contact sport. Arrrggh.

its becoming a bit of a joke alright, recently we've seen 50/50 shoulder challenges and strong successful slide tackles getting punished. They're actually turning football into a parody of itself.

Malouda, it has been reported, is still on the pitch, though cameras have not been able to pick him up this half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Jesus Robinson is awful. He must of gone all in on chelsea today.

Anelka putting the bad teams to the sword yet again.

thats that anyway, game over. Pity, Blackburn were really getting into it and making a game of it.

WTF was the Bburn right back doing? Miles away from play, and not even remotely in line with the rest of his defence meaning anything chelsea would have done would have been onside. Had he been on the defensive line where he should have been anelka would have quite possibly been off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Anelka score again?

What a signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Robinson should be shot for that first goal ! Remeniscant of the Di Canio goal for WHam at OT when Barthez was more interested in holding his hand in the air than trying to save the shot :rolleyes:

Blackburn are a poor side. Dont be surprised if they are scrapping to avoid relegation come the end of the season.

FOWLER LIVES!!

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    FOWLER LIVES!!

cool to see him with the number 23 on his back again. bit retarded playing him up on his own when they're 2 behind though...

FOWLER LIVES!!
    Only with a 10,000 Volt charge.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    cool to see him with the number 23 on his back again. bit retarded playing him up on his own when they're 2 behind though...

Yeah, don't understand it myself. Sticking him up alongside Roberts to feed off him might have been interesting.
    Only with a 10,000 Volt charge.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Yeah QFT. How can someone just, like, lose it in the space of two seasons? :confused:

Robinson has kept the score down, he has had a great game, have you been watching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Anelka putting the bad teams to the sword yet again.
    My granny could have scored half the goals he has scored this season.
    Deflections,tap ins most of them.

Sizzler wrote: »

Blackburn are a poor side. Dont be surprised if they are scrapping to avoid relegation come the end of the season.

Sound like a sky sports pundit to me, saying the rain was a leveller, if so how come blackburn were dominant for the early period of the 2nd half, at least up until 2-0?

Blackburn have a great squad, and play good football - with injuries sorted they wont be anywhere near the relegation battle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Sound like a sky sports pundit to me, saying the rain was a leveller, if so how come blackburn were dominant for the early period of the 2nd half, at least up until 2-0?

Blackburn have a great squad, and play good football - with injuries sorted they wont be anywhere near the relegation battle

You would say the same about Man City and they are 1 pt ahead of the drop zone so that argument doesnt stand up.

I have seen them play live 3 times now (Man Utd / Boro & Chelsea) and they have been dire on each occassion. They had a 15 min spell today where they kept lumping balls into the box and breaking up the play very well in the midfield but never looked like scoring.

lol
    Robinson has kept the score down, he has had a great game, have you been watching?

Robinson was particularly poor for the first goal - and has been prone to a much higher than acceptable level of mistakes for the last couple of seasons. This coming after a promising start to his career.

As such, the fact that he made a couple of decent saves in the second half fails to invalidate my comment.

:confused:

- Chelsea are a better team;
    - Blackburn were competing well in the second half;
    - Therefore, the weather conditions and state of the pitch served to level the disparity in technical ability between the two teams;

Get it now?

Great? No. Decent? Sure.

I don't think they will be relegated either. I think Ince is the right type of manager for that type of squad makeup, and they will have more than enough weapons to put a run of form together at some point in the season.

Robinson was particularly poor for the first goal - and has been prone to a much higher than acceptable level of mistakes for the last couple of seasons. This coming after a promising start to his career.

As such, the fact that he made a couple of decent saves in the second half fails to invalidate my comment.

The shot took a deflection, even if he had have turned around i dont think he would have gotten top the ball, how many seconds did he have?

He made decent saves in the 1st half too to keep the scores level

- Chelsea are a better team;
    - Blackburn were competing well in the second half;
    - Therefore, the weather conditions and state of the pitch served to level the disparity in technical ability between the two teams;

Get it now?

Of course Chelsea are a better team, but Blackburn have come a long way since Souness was in charge and they got a reputation as a "kicking" team.

Sky sports gave the impression that the weather brought the teams level, in that Blackburn had a chance to get something because of it.

The rain gave an advantage to neither team.

I was making the point that when the rain stopped, i.e. after half time, Blackburn got into the game, not because Chelsea took their foot off the gas, but becasue Blackburn could actually get the ball down, start to keep it and actually string some good football together.

Get what i meant now?

Great? No. Decent? Sure.

I don't think they will be relegated either. I think Ince is the right type of manager for that type of squad makeup, and they will have more than enough weapons to put a run of form together at some point in the season.

Taking away the top 4 clubs from last year, i still think Blackburn have a great squad. They have quality players - a lot that would play in most teams outside the top 4

we'll leave Robinson out,

But

Nelson, Warnock, Reid, Santa Cruz, McCarthy,

to a lesser extent Samba, Pedersen (on current form) , Jason Roberts and Derbyshire

They have been playing good football and not getting results, i know it is results that count, but they will not be battling relegation come the end of the season.

Advertisement