Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping - Euro/Sterling

Options
  • 09-11-2008 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but hoping somebody might be able to tell me the answer to my question......Planning on taking a trip up North for some Crimbo shopping; know the shops in Newry take Euro; Does anybody know if The Outlet in Banbridge and the Sprucefield Shopping Centre take Euro too????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Im not sure if they do, but you'd probably be better off changing your money in sterling. last time I was in Newry they were giving anything from 70p to 80p for €1 but I think the exchange rate is better than that at the minute.

If a shop is taking in Euro you wont get as good a rate as in a Bureau de Change the shop will skim a bit off the top for the "inconvenience"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 EJB

mmmm, never thought of that, will keep that in mind, tanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Rod & Reel

EJB have u been up north yet and if so how did u get on, thinking of going up myself this weekend. wondering if its worth it, petrol costs eating out and the all the other stuff that goes with it. does it pay. planning on exchaning 500 euro to sterling. hoping to buy some food beers and a couple of electrical items for presents. and EJ if u havent been would anyone else have a recommendation as to the difference of these items. oh and is fuel cheaper this side of the border or other?
    thanks lads and lassies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Heading to Newry shopping tomorrow with a friend from the North.
    Just wondering whats the best thing to do:

Should I exchange my money in the bank before I go?

Take money out of a bank machine when I'm up there?

Buy with euro when I can in the shops that allow me to?

Pay with laser when I able to do so?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement