Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New O2 webtext facility

• 09-11-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭

The good: they've reset the counter to 250 although we're 11 days into the month.

The bad: They think Siobhán has an Ó (sic) in it: the messages are taking an eternity to send: they don't appear to be being delivered: they've broken JSMS and Eirtext Pro in the process (as well as their own facility)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

culabula wrote: »
    the messages are taking an eternity to send: they don't appear to be being delivered

I've tested it a few times and have had no problems sending and receiving texts to myself. Haven't tried to any other numbers yet.

I like the 1000 character feature, though will encourage me to use more texts each month as I won't bother shortening words as much to fit into one text. Hopefully the Cabbage/JSMS programs can be upgraded to work with not too much difficulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

IH77 wrote: »
    I've tested it a few times and have had no problems sending and receiving texts to myself. Haven't tried to any other numbers yet.

I like the 1000 character feature, though will encourage me to use more texts each month as I won't bother shortening words as much to fit into one text. Hopefully the Cabbage/JSMS programs can be upgraded to work with not too much difficulty.

So have I and nothing has been delivered yet (to myself).

Clearly someone can neither spell nor write in the English or Irish language -look at this example: "In the event loosing your mobile phone" -just one of many such lazy errors. I wonder if as much care was taken in building the site?

I'll try it from a different browser now, such as Firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

I am using IE 7.

When you press the send text button, a little pop up box appears telling you it has been sent (seems to be doing the sending through that box as well because there are links changing as it goes through the process). Are you getting that pop up? Could be an issue with your settings?

I am using IE 7.

When you press the send text button, a little pop up box appears telling you it has been sent (seems to be doing the sending through that box as well because there are links changing as it goes through the process). Are you getting that pop up? Could be an issue with your settings?

Yes, I got that pop-up and the only one to be sent successfully is in the sent box. I'm now trying Firefox and it appears to be worse.

Even slower for me on Firefox. Beginning to look to me as though it were written for IE and optimised for that browser. 10 minutes now and it's still "transferring data from messaging.o2online.ie" for a single one word SMS to myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I don't think it's actually limited to 250 anymore, from what I surmised it will charge your credit balance the standard text rate rather than not sending..
    I'm on unlimited free texts anyway though.

Baza210 wrote: »
    I don't think it's actually limited to 250 anymore, from what I surmised it will charge your credit balance the standard text rate rather than not sending..
    I'm on unlimited free texts anyway though.

This has always been this way though unannounced. 250 freebies then national SMS came out of your bundle or not if none remaining, while international were charged at 11c each. Now they've made it clear that all SMS over your 250 will be charged at 10c each. I presume national ones will continue to come out of your tariff allowance if any are remaining to you.

Aha...this would explain the slowness, just appeared:

o2.ie is experiencing difficulties

Sorry, the o2.ie website is experiencing difficulties. We are working to restore normal service as soon as possible. Please try again later.

Sigh! Guess everyone and their mothers is trying it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

culabula wrote: »
    The good: they've reset the counter to 250 although we're 11 days into the month.

The bad: They think Siobhán has an Ó (sic) in it: the messages are taking an eternity to send: they don't appear to be being delivered: they've broken JSMS and Eirtext Pro in the process (as well as their own facility)
    What's wrong with my thread about this?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055414103

It wasn't showing at the time and I wasn't aware of its existence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

I have been working on a fix for this on JSMS and I have it working with the new site. Expect a fix to be released tomorrow night at the latest.

Advertisement