Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vw's and retrofit radio problems

Options
  • 09-11-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

This being the second Vw i've fitted a new radio, i'm starting to think i'm doing something wrong.

Radio works perfectly, but when i take the key out of the ignition the stored radio channels all clear, and it doesn't remember any of them. Used to happen in the other one as well. Surely there's a way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

For some reason in VW the permanent and ignition power wires are reversed.

e.g

http://www.ezilon.com/articles/articles/2276/1/Car-Audio-Technical-Frequently-Asked-Questions-and-their-answers...

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Thank you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

No prob

BTW don't take the link I gave as gospel,use a voltmeter to identify the leads in your case.Probably best to swap them on the radio side if possible so your old radio fits straight back if needed.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Just went out there and swapped them round, i know should of checked first but sure what can ya do. Works a treat, happy days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Another tip, VW's aerial is powered by the original headunit, if your getting poor radio reception you may need a separate aerial amp, they are fairly cheap and easily installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Neilw wrote: »
    Another tip, VW's aerial is powered by the original headunit, if your getting poor radio reception you may need a separate aerial amp, they are fairly cheap and easily installed.

Any more info or where i can get one of this i cant pick up anything on my cd player in my golf?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

Does anyone know how to take the radio out of a vw caddy van? the new type....and does anyone know if there is an aux input on the back where ya could plug in a bluetooth adapter?

Thanks 4 any info lads:)

Vain wrote: »
    Any more info or where i can get one of this i cant pick up anything on my cd player in my golf?

Mine doesn't need an adapter? So i'm guessing yours shouldn't? Although it could be due to the radio. Halfords are normally the lads to get any of those bits...

Advertisement