Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJ computer programs

• 09-11-2008 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before but what is the best computer program for DJing of a laptop? I've looked at Ableton and Traktor but I don't know what to go for :confused:

I will only be using it for my own fun and the odd party with mates and I will not need it for creating music. Basically all I want is something that allows me to play about with track selection, effects, loops etc... I don't want to get lost within a very complex program.

How much does this kind of software cost or is there cracked copies about?

Any help or pointers!?! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

Griff77 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but what is the best computer program for DJing of a laptop? I've looked at Ableton and Traktor but I don't know what to go for :confused:

I will only be using it for my own fun and the odd party with mates and I will not need it for creating music. Basically all I want is something that allows me to play about with track selection, effects, loops etc... I don't want to get lost within a very complex program.

Any help or pointers!?! :D

iv been using virtual dj for the last two years and have had no problems with it yet ....
    also i have cue which is also very good but iv only been using this the last two months but still either of theese i find very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

The new Traktor Pro looks like its gonna wipe the board .... downloaded the demo .. WOW !! - really responsive, great effects, and album art (finally! no more needing to remember names of songs)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Download Virtual DJ 5 its the best one for starting off on. Give Tracktor 3 or Traktor Pro a go too, see whichever you prefer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Griff77

Thanks for the replies, I'll let you know what I go for and what I think of it.

Cheers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 endawaldron

Hey.. I have the Traktor s/w... its absolutely brill... the fx are pretty good and the track manipulation is excellent.. beat jumping etc..

you can broadcast live on the net with the s/w also which is pretty cool if thats what your into...

im using it with the Vestax VCI 100 midi controller... so handy for partys / bars with small areas...

id defo recommend this one...

even grandmaster flash is using this now!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement