Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for White Kitten

Options
  • 09-11-2008 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi all, can anyone tell me where I could get / buy a white kitten in Drogheda area?

Have tried the Animal Rescue place's website & left them a msg to call me if they have one. Maybe someone out there has a white kitten they need a home for????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Try irishanimals.com

But be aware that many white cats are deaf - it's a genetic thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 lmnop

Thats great - thanks. I'll give them a try. didn't kow white cats are more likely to be deaf - awww.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

Try the Animal home in Collon on the Drogheda road. Run by a nice English couple. Take the kids for a day out, they have a Puma, ostrich and 2 wolves. Cheaper than the zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

luckat wrote: »
    Try irishanimals.com

But be aware that many white cats are deaf - it's a genetic thing.

I have a cat that doesn't miaow. :eek: Wee black fella, found him as a stray, Vet says he must have damaged his vocal chords swallowing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

mod9maple wrote: »
    I have a cat that doesn't miaow. :eek: Wee black fella, found him as a stray, Vet says he must have damaged his vocal chords swallowing something.
    I have a cat like yours, he didn't make a sound since birth up until about three months ago, he was silent for near 6 years :eek:

+1 for Animal home in Collon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mesenger1

mod9maple wrote: »

I had a beautiful black cat that didnt miaow since the day I got her (rescue cat, she was about 6 years old when I got her) and I really dont want to worry you but she had to be put to sleep two months ago as it turned out that it was due to throat cancer! It was one of the worst experiences of my life as I held her when she passed on! I know you had already had him checked by the vet but please, get it double checked!

As for the OP, I'm not too far from Drogheda and at the moment, there is a pure white young cat hanging round my parents place, female and absolutely beautiful! I would say she is about 5/6 months old, probably deaf but a very friendly thing. Parents will probably keep her as an outdoor cat if she hangs around but if you will willing to offer her a lovely home I might be willing to drop her off to you depending on why you would want her?? PM me if you like.

Kind regards

M1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 lmnop

Mesenger1 wrote: »
    I had a beautiful black cat that didnt miaow since the day I got her (rescue cat, she was about 6 years old when I got her) and I really dont want to worry you but she had to be put to sleep two months ago as it turned out that it was due to throat cancer! It was one of the worst experiences of my life as I held her when she passed on! I know you had already had him checked by the vet but please, get it double checked!

As for the OP, I'm not too far from Drogheda and at the moment, there is a pure white young cat hanging round my parents place, female and absolutely beautiful! I would say she is about 5/6 months old, probably deaf but a very friendly thing. Parents will probably keep her as an outdoor cat if she hangs around but if you will willing to offer her a lovely home I might be willing to drop her off to you depending on why you would want her?? PM me if you like.

Kind regards

M1

Only seen your reply today. Sounds like your parents would like to keep that cat themselves! I'd be afraid to take it in case it actually belongs to someone, which it could well do seeing how its a friendly cat. Have two cats myself - the white cat i'm after is for a family member. Saying that i'd probably want to keep it myself! I would prefer a younger kitten so it would settle and be house trained easier. Our first cat was bout 6-7 months when we got her and she was very nervous for a long time. Couldn't let her outside for long in case she wouldn't come back. Think she's just a nervous cat anyway. The second was bout 3 months old when we got her and she was so much better at settling in.
    Thanks for your offer anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bingles

Try the Animal home in Collon on the Drogheda road. Run by a nice English couple. Take the kids for a day out, they have a Puma, ostrich and 2 wolves. Cheaper than the zoo.

Ah yes I like then there in Collon thats where I got my Bingles from hence the name lol very nice people in there and I love me dog:D

Advertisement