Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recognizing good service thread..

Options
  • 09-11-2008 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Is there one of these already?.

Just wondered because I was over in Northwood, Santry Dublin 9 and ventured into the pet shop.

Although I've been in it a few times I can't for the life of me remember the name of it right now.

But I asked the lads in there could I bring my dogs in to fit them for new coats, well despite the store being busy the two assistants went far and beyond what I would normally expect in terms of help in fitting the dogs, entertaining them when they got bored etc.

When we couldn't get suitable coats (they need esp. warm and weather proofed coats as they're on the beach alot in the winter) the guys didn't make me feel I'd wasted their 30 minutes time. Gave the dogs a final big rub down and left me feeling that I'll defo be back there again, on a regular basis too.

Brilliant service & friendly staff.

But whats the bloody name of the place again?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yep, it would be pet mania! Bring my little man in there all the time and the manager loves him lol. Keeps saying he wants Star for his bitch. Although he's a bit young at the moment.

Got some great toys in there for him, must make a trip back because he's chewed through his favourite squeaky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

Yeah thats a great shop. I was in there yesterday, we got a new budgie :) The staff are really great.
    We also booked the two girls in for a full grooming...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yep, it would be pet mania! Bring my little man in there all the time and the manager loves him lol. Keeps saying he wants Star for his bitch. Although he's a bit young at the moment.

Uhhh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Uhhh?

Star is obviously a male dog and the manager of the shop has a "bitch" that he'd like to breed from...yeh worded funny though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Mairt wrote: »
    Is there one of these already?.

Just wondered because I was over in Northwood, Santry Dublin 9 and ventured into the pet shop.

Although I've been in it a few times I can't for the life of me remember the name of it right now.

But I asked the lads in there could I bring my dogs in to fit them for new coats, well despite the store being busy the two assistants went far and beyond what I would normally expect in terms of help in fitting the dogs, entertaining them when they got bored etc.

When we couldn't get suitable coats (they need esp. warm and weather proofed coats as they're on the beach alot in the winter) the guys didn't make me feel I'd wasted their 30 minutes time. Gave the dogs a final big rub down and left me feeling that I'll defo be back there again, on a regular basis too.

Brilliant service & friendly staff.

But whats the bloody name of the place again?.

Hi Mairt,

Do you find that they need the coats? I am asking because my two live outdoors now and its very cold, although they seem quite cosy in their kennel.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Texas

Hmmmm....... I have to agree that the staff in petmania are great, and they have some excellent products that you can't find anywhere else....... but I have a problem with their prices. I've gone twice and been charged a more expensive price at the till than was marked for the items. (not in the mood for an argument, so I put them back) I also priced a parrot cage there and got it 80 euro cheaper elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I've had good service in there and really bad service also, and all im doing is buying food so i'd take that as a bad indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

We always go to Petmania in Northwood.
    The animals they have there are very healthy and the staff are very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Killme00 wrote: »
    Hi Mairt,

Do you find that they need the coats? I am asking because my two live outdoors now and its very cold, although they seem quite cosy in their kennel.

Sorry, I wasn't ignoring you.

Yes, I find in the winter my two need coats, esp. the puppy - when she's cold she lets the world know!.

I've two staffs, short haired house dogs, they hate the cold!.

• Advertisement

Texas wrote: »
    Hmmmm....... I have to agree that the staff in petmania are great, and they have some excellent products that you can't find anywhere else....... but I have a problem with their prices. I've gone twice and been charged a more expensive price at the till than was marked for the items. (not in the mood for an argument, so I put them back) I also priced a parrot cage there and got it 80 euro cheaper elsewhere.

I can't disagree with you there.

For prices I find them pretty expensive too compared to anywhere else I've been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I don't mind them being a little bit more expensive if it means they can hire good staff, take care of their animals properly etc! :)

I have never used their grooming service, will probably wait until Amie gets her final adult coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Petmania is about ten minutes from me & it's an excellent pet store.
    The kitty litter the sell aswell, is great & last aaages :p

Really friendly staff too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Do online shops count in this thread?

If so here's one I find is very helpful with advice and their products are excellent.

http://www.gorgeousguineas.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Where exactly is the Santry Petmania?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

Enii wrote: »
    Where exactly is the Santry Petmania?

Gullivers retail park.

http://www.gulliversretailpark.ie/Content.aspx?pageId=18

Do online shops count in this thread?

If so here's one I find is very helpful with advice and their products are excellent.

http://www.gorgeousguineas.com/

I think all pet services should count tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Aquarium Solutions in Ashbourne!!! Andy is very enthusiastic and helpful. He isn't completely profit-driven all of the time, which is very refreshing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jenpup

www.mollys.ie

I ordered a new collar for my dog and they emailed me to say that they didn't have it in his size. They then spent a whole morning helping me pick another one - it needed to be waterproof or machine washable (i have a mucky water swimmer). Have to say, they were so helpful and lovely in their - cannot recommend them enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Brenda's Pets in Duleek and online :)

Brenda has yet to complain when my Dane does her bull-in-a-china-shop impression in there or when my spaniel nicks pigs ears from the buckets :D She's also spent hours sourcing foods for my arthritic collie, pours through catalogs looking for toys for my blind cat and generally just puts the welfare of the animal(s) ahead of anything else.

I wouldn't have tropical fish if it wasn't for her patient guidance (and I was a slow learner lol), the cats wouldn't have every toy they could ever possibly need (that might have been better for my bank balance tho) and there's a good chance that my collie wouldn't still be bopping around 14 months after being given 3 months to live if it wasn't for the effort she's put in too. She's even managed to source a groomer who's capable of looking after all three of my dogs (arthritic collie with very specific instructions as all of his joints hurt, boisterous dane with skin allergies and mad spaniel).

You can bring your dog(s) in to try stuff on, she'll try to source pretty much anything, she doesn't sell an animal or bird that she doesn't know how to care for personally, small pets are sold to adults only in pairs (unless they'd be solitary by nature) and she focuses on ethical, sensible and friendly products. And you can donate food/litter to two cat rescues from her website.

And no, she doesn't pay me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

And before I forget - Kathleens Perfect Pets in Laois.

They've got lots of the more exotic pets and quite a few reptiles, birds and even a Nibbler :) They're great to talk to if you have questions about exotics and have loads of interesting little bits and pieces for those of us who can't add a reptile or bird to our house. All of my recent kitty cat bling came from there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I have to say something about animals first vets in kilcullen.

The service I've had from them has been outstanding, every single member of staff but especially Donal.

He has called out on a sunday and not charged me a full call out fee, because they are rescue pups. (same with my last litter) He has his phone on all the time if you have a problem. He saved my little boy from parvo despite him being at deaths door. (and again charged very very little)

I really can't recommend him higly enough.

Advertisement