Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The All Deise Bumper Quiz

• 09-11-2008 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Heard them talk about this on Beat yesterday. Should there be a boards.ie team?

I think it's going to go national next year but the idea started in waterford so we're going to have the first one.

Add details to this thread when you get them guys. Details are sketchy at my end at the minute causeI keep hearing the end of things on the radio. I'm an obsessive quiz fan though so would really love to enter this.

To mods...I know it's an event...but I thought if I put it up there people would be posting about whether or not they could attend and it would put that thread off topic a bit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Has anyone else seen anything about this? Have I imagined it or is it just poorly advertised?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Has anyone else seen anything about this? Have I imagined it or is it just poorly advertised?!

Didnt see anything on their website.. not listening much to the radio lately but ill keep an ear out.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sully wrote: »
    not listening much to the radio lately but ill keep an ear out.

Not listening aye... I guess you much prefer been actually on it so. Liveline this afternoon springs to mind Sully.;)

Joe: On the line we have Kevin from Waterford, Good afternooooon to you Kevin,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Not listening aye... I guess you much prefer been actually on it so. Liveline this afternoon springs to mind Sully.;)

Joe: On the line we have Kevin from Waterford, Good afternooooon to you Kevin,

Think you have the wrong person there...

Youth of today, their minds run riot!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sully wrote: »
    Think you have the wrong person there...

Youth of today, their minds run riot!
    Ah my mistake, it just I remember you telling the exact same story on here as what "Kevin" from Waterford was saying on Liveline this afternoon

http://www.upload-mp3.com/public/viewset/29842

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Ah my mistake, it just I remember you telling the exact same story on here as what "Kevin" from Waterford was saying on Liveline this afternoon

http://www.upload-mp3.com/public/viewset/29842

Fabrication tbh. Someone pretending to be me cleary.. Fecking Boardsies, get strange kicks these days!

Anyway, back on topic..

Yes, Bumper Quiz.. sounds like a good idea.

Did some enquiring...
    Hi Joe,

Thanks for your enquiry about the bumper quiz. Details are yet to be finalised but we will have our venue and main sponsor finalised this week. Beat 102-103 and Waterford Today will be the local sponsors. As I'm sure you'll agree this is a great event, and one in which Waterford should be proud to be the flagship county.

Below is the press release which will go out this week:

Waterford to launch All Ireland Quiz Final
    Waterford is to be the flagship county for 2009’s brand new All Ireland Quiz Final. The plan is for one big bumper quiz night to be held in all 32 counties in Ireland with the winners from each event going forward to represent their county in the all Ireland final next year. The very first All Ireland final will be held in Waterford with the winning county taking the honours each year after that. The very first county final will be held in TBA Waterford on Thursday December 11th and will include a raffle in support of the Lyons Club Christmas hamper Appeal.
    Rounds will include movies, music, sport, general knowledge, picture rounds and much more. Although it will be competitive, and the winners on the night will go on to represent Waterford in the all Ireland Quiz Final, it is to be remembered that all quiz nights are supposed to be fun so everyone attended is asked to take it seriously – but not too seriously. The rounds also will reward people with all kinds of intelligence so you don’t necessarily have to be a quiz genius to do well on the night. The cost is €20 per team and there will be loads of prizes given out on the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'd be interested in joining up on a team.

He said that there would be more info in the papers this week. A few boards teams would be great...especially if we could win it and represent our fair county in the All Ireland Final (and hopefully beat kilkenny haha)

• Advertisement

In Today's Waterford Today.

Masons Bar December 11th.

http://www.masons.ie/quiz.html

Do you think there will be many pro quiz heads at something like this?

Right I've registered a team..

There's one other boardsie on my team but not really enough to call it a boards team..

Is there many interested from here?

Right, this is on this Thursday...anyone from here going? Is there a boards team to possibly represent Waterford in the All Ireland?!

Forgot to update this...our team didn't come in the top 5 unfortunately :( was a hard quiz actually...the questions weren't impossible but the winning score was 43 out of 60.

There will be a team from Sunlife representing Waterford at the 2009 All Ireland Quiz final.

Congrats on trying lads. Not a bad score tho. :)

Advertisement