Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extending washing machine cord

Options
  • 09-11-2008 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi,

Bought a new washing machine recently, but unfortantely the cable does not extend far enough to reach the socket. On the last washing machine I just popped off the top and wired in a longer cable, no probs. However this one, doesn't have screws to connect the cable into the machine, it has little flat slats which plug over a reciptical in the machine. Where would be the best place to get a crimper?/some of those plugs to fit a longer cable... and could anyone tell me the name of things that I need to get, so I don't make a complete fool of myself in the electrical shop!

Thanks a mil

d

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

How far do you want to extend it? is it 2 feet or 20 feet?

Why not just get a 13A plug board / trailing socket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

You mean extension cord? They say you're not supposed to... probably in case the washing machine floods and you have water/elecy... that's what I've done in the mean time though!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭enmac

go with the extension cord and fix it to the wall if you're worried about water flooding the room - I sooner do this than replace the original cord - some manufacturers may void the warranty because of this

Advertisement