Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPAM Number - 087xxx8021

Options
  • 09-11-2008 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Have got two calls in the last 5 mins. One requesting AC/DC tickets and the other about a pumber. Its an 087 number, final digits xxx8021

It isn't kids messing as its a professional, middle aged woman at the end of the phone. My number is ex-directory aswell.

With permission I'd like to list the full number.

ironclaw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

maybe it's a wrong number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring 087 5 xxx8021 and see if they have a personalised voicemail.

I would lean toward wrong number too but seems very strange that he'd get 2 calls from the same number about different things.

Someone may also have put your number up on the Buy&Sell online or something similiar? Google your number and see what comes up.

Google their number too and see what comes up.

PErsonally I wouldn't worry about it too much if it's just 2 calls you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Random wrote: »
    Google their number too and see what comes up.

:confused:
    Surly Google don't store personal phone numbers, I've just tried my own mobile #, and I'm glad to say that they no information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

dh0661 wrote: »
    Surly Google don't store personal phone numbers, I've just tried my own mobile #, and I'm glad to say that they no information.

If it's on the internet, it's on Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

testicle wrote: »
    If it's on the internet, it's on Google.

But not from secure sites such as vodafone or perlico, I just realised that after a little panic attack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

dh0661 wrote: »
    No it doesn't, but if this is a known spammer someone might have had the problem before and the number might show up.

Advertisement