Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barney in the Crescent anyone go??

Options
  • 09-11-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

I was toying with the idea of taking the two chimps nephews to this yesterday, however the stormy weather put the final nail in the coffin of that particular idea! I thought it would be fairly stressful traffic/crowds/screaming kids anyway so am just interested to see what it was like!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

It was cancelled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Melion wrote: »
    It was cancelled :D

:pac::pac:

seriously???

and folk had to listen to all those kids "singing" on 95fm to win VIP tickets
    all week,

there must have been blue murder!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just stop listening to that ****e radio station, all its good for is the rugby!
    The morning show....i would rather slit my wrists than listen to it.

Tune into Today FM...quality radio

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

Was in the cresent bout 12.00 on saturday, it was bedlam, pram springs! Massive queues, screaming kids, and I heard one father coming out saying it was a complete disgrace. Count your blessings mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I went out there with the young lady. It was a disgrace. The place was mobbed. All I we could see was Barney's head! And he was only on for about 10 minutes. Not worth the journey if you ask me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Baldie wrote: »
    I went out there with the young lady. It was a disgrace. The place was mobbed. All I we could see was Barney's head! And he was only on for about 10 minutes. Not worth the journey if you ask me!
    +1 Not worth the journey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Baldie wrote: »

Get some poor sod to dress up as a purple irritating pest for ten minutes

=

€750,000 in extra revenue for the retailers of the Crescent Shopping centre.

- They'll probably economise and organise a 6 minute "extravaganza" next time........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i went with my son.. he is 2.. loves barney big time.. missed barney at uch so i promised him i wouldnt miss this.. anyway three shows at 11, 1 and 3.. i got there a little after 11 for the first show.. they had a little satge in the centre of the crescent where the tv's are by tesco.. the closest i could get was outside the perfume shop and this was after 10 mins of wading through the crowds.. hundreds of kids and hundreds if not a thousand adults.. could hardly see him so i put my little guy up on me shoulders.. then before we knew it "i love you, you love me" it was over!! what a joke but it get worse.. i decided to hang about for the 1 show as i wanted the little man to get a good look at his fav tv character.. so the crowd started to disperse so i grabbed a front row seat and got comfy.. the little fellas mother paused from shopping so we could guard our seat in shifts.. bout 12:15 this person who could only be described as a nob who obviously had no kids tells us the next show will be late.. fair enough i thought ill grab the little fella take him to tescos and pick him up a barney toy to play with.. the misses would hold the fort.. as i was paying for the toy i noticed a large crowd start to form outside the door of what used to be peter pan.. before i could get out there the crowd had grown to about 80 people.. the misses was up in the seat trying to ring me to tell me they had decided to move the location to peter pan!! anyway what ensued after this was crazy.. adults pushing and shoving.. kids getting trampled.. and that live 95 fool trying to herd us like sheep!! on came barney and again a 15 min show.. v v v v v v v v v v dissapointing all around.. id write more but im finished work!! bye!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

it actually wasn't the crescents fault the fire marshall came in and told them they couldn't have it in the centre cause there was too many people so they had to move it to peter pan after the first show..so thats why it was moved to peter pan

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i wasn't there myself but my sis took my 3 kids to it,,not sure which one they were at but she que'd for 45 mins with my 2 yr old and was told they wouldnt be seeing barny and might aswell leave,,my 2 yr old was devastated,,it was disgraceful,,my sis said the parents were going nuts after being told to leave,,coronation st actors there today,,i couldn't be arsed nowe after last day,,and santa next week,,imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Who does this purple twat think he is wrecking the day of so many young kids? I heard rumours that he was on the gargle before the gig as well, disgraceful behaviour really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

its everyone elses fault for turning up to a free gig and ruining it for YOUR child. bastards.

Advertisement