Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus service to the airport?

Options
  • 09-11-2008 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is a service of any decent regularity to the airport from the bus station?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Which airport?

If its Galway Airport, Bus Eireann have a few buses a day that go out that way methinks. Try Bus Eirean.ie or ring them on 091 562000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tawny wrote: »

"Daily departure from the Central Bus Station (Ceannt Station) in Galway City Centre.."

When did we get a Central Bus Station?

I think Ceannt Station is the new City Link/Go Bus (formerly Nestor Bus) station that's across the road from the Tourist Information Center on Forester Street (or however that street is spelt) I believe you have to buy the tickets for the buses at the Tourist center for some reason.

Ceannt Station is the Bus Eireann / Train Station.

The new bus station is around the corner where the fairgreen used to be. This is used by the private bus companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Thanks to all for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Does anyone know what bus on the normal bus Eireann would stop closest to the airport??

I'm getting a flight at 9am and have a choice of a 6am or 1pm bus :mad:

I got no luggage so a bit of a walk will go down a lot better than the taxi fare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Does anyone know what bus on the normal bus Eireann would stop closest to the airport??

I'm getting a flight at 9am and have a choice of a 6am or 1pm bus :mad:

I got no luggage so a bit of a walk will go down a lot better than the taxi fare

Where are you based

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The Parkmore bus will get you from Eyre Sq. to the roundabout at Dunnes Briarhill and it's a leisurely 3.5km/40min stroll along the R339 during rush hour to the airport from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

paconnors wrote: »
    Where are you based

Sorry should have said...I'm living Shantalla road around cookes corner so would probably be getting a bus from Eyre square.

Cheers snubbleste I though the Parkmore bus might be my best bet all right. Still a bit of a walk though maybe I wont be such a cheapskate and get a taxi but it just seems like such a waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

get a hackney much cheaper then a taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Cheers snubbleste I though the Parkmore bus might be my best bet all right. Still a bit of a walk though maybe I wont be such a cheapskate and get a taxi but it just seems like such a waste.

As well as the distance, the issue is the quality of the road/footpath.

But a hackney picking you up at Dunnes Briarhill is a good option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Bus Eireann dont do EICM ( Carnmore ), i have raised this before sure even the new "GLUAS" wont even run to the Airport, talk about stupidity.

Bus Eireann only Operate to:
    Dublin ( EIDW )
    Cork ( EICK )
    Knock ( EIKN )
    Shannon ( EINN )
    and Kerry ( EIKY ) Airports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I still think Citylink/Gobus should divert to Galway Airport. Wouldnt put much onto their journeys and would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭thecountessp

I know this doesn't help you out much on this trip, but the Mountbellew/Longford buses that go through Carnmore pass right by the entrance. If you didn't have too much luggage and the times actually suited...

I find Bus Éireann timetables confusing at the best of times, so I'll link it.
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1226316957-425.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

About the Airport run, 436C is the route
    Checked it on their Real time test link on http://www.buseireann.ie/
    This give departure from the Airport, (the * means it's Real time)
    http://tinyurl.com/cpavfp

Some times it shows nothing, :(

Advertisement